Jump to content

what do you thing about this Fiverr new feature?


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, bethany_scraper said:

Hello,

Can you please help me on this new feature of Fiverr, what it will Impact on all the seller that are trying hard too get a job from Fiverr?

https://www.fiverr.com/pages/get-your-website

This is basically just a refined version of a regular gig search. It will find a single seller that Fiverr thinks you should work with, based on your criteria. I'm sure this will be positive for skilled web designers, since they could get additional business from something like this. 

I'm sure Fiverr use the same data points as in the regular gig search to determine which seller should get the job: 

  • Relevancy
  • Having a high buyer satisfaction rate
  • Positive reviews
  • Other stats that makes them eligible to receive a recommendation from Fiverr

So it will be an advantage for successful sellers. Not so much for new sellers, in my opinion. 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bethany_scraper said:

Yes but now sellers need to face more competitor as Fiverr only suggest those seller that are top rated or fiverr pro sellers.

Yes, and that's a good thing. Why should Fiverr recommend new sellers without a great track record as skilled web designers? If I'm a business, looking for any sort of serious service on Fiverr, I would only look at top rated sellers/pro sellers in the first place. As a business owner, I would not risk losing money on a new seller. 

New sellers already have a way to climb the levels: do great work and market yourself correctly, and you will grow your business on Fiverr. 

What have new sellers done to deserve this glaring recommendation from Fiverr? Absolutely nothing. As a new seller, you haven't earned that spot yet.

The people who are ranked as Top Rated Sellers or Pro Sellers, have earned that badge over time, doing great work, being real professionals. We have also earned this spot by making a lot of money for Fiverr. Fiverr is a business. It's not about "fairness". It's about profit and client satisfaction. You need to earn that level of trust. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bethany_scraper said:

Totally agreed!

But what about level two sellers? they also have good reputation on Fiverr, Will fiverr recommend them too?

They absolutely might do that. I'm not sure. When looking at the web designer I was offered right now, it doesn't say anything about the seller level. It shows me his first name (meaning it's a seller that have been verified and vetted as part of the Fiverr Business platform, most likely). I'm not sure if Fiverr Business includes Level 2 sellers, but I would think so? 

Anyway, it doesn't give you the sellers username, so you can't check out their profile to see their level. That's because the seller level is irrelevant as long as they have been vetted to be part of Fiverr Business. 

I'm on Fiverr Business, and I had to go through a vetting process for that, separate from my Top Rated Seller stats. It was based on a lot of trust signals, like adding my real name, making sure my profile picture was good enough, having a good profile tagline and so on. 

So I don't think this is purely for TRS or Pro sellers; it's purely for sellers who have been invited to be part of Fiverr Business. 

Edit: I just googled the sellers tagline to find his profile, and he was indeed a level two seller. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bethany_scraper said:

That is the reason that I am not getting any jobs because all the traffic is moved to another direction

That’s not the reason, it’s still a very small part and runs in demo mode. You are not getting orders for other reasons, there are always enough business for different niches, prices and quality. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

What have new sellers done to deserve this glaring recommendation from Fiverr? Absolutely nothing. As a new seller, you haven't earned that spot yet.

The people who are ranked as Top Rated Sellers or Pro Sellers, have earned that badge over time, doing great work, being real professionals. We have also earned this spot by making a lot of money for Fiverr. Fiverr is a business. It's not about "fairness". It's about profit and client satisfaction. You need to earn that level of trust. 

 

C'mon Leo, Entitlement Rant in progress. Forget logic....enjoy the show.

 

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live 

Edited by newsmike
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bethany_scraper said:

How can I Register to fiverr business it is not available in my country. That is the reason that I am not getting any jobs because all the traffic is moved to another direction 😞

No, it's not the reason. Stop blaming the system. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

It's your turn now, Mike! Go for it! Show'em what you've got! 😇

Nope. I only assist people who might "get it" at some point. I am trying to ignore the ones that are stuck on the "No Fair, this is a charity, right?" mentality. Busy with another thread at the moment with someone who signed up 3 minutes ago and finds it egregious that Fiverr takes a percent of tips. No shortage of whiners today. This one is all yours.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Nope. I only assist people who might "get it" at some point. I am trying to ignore the ones that are stuck on the "No Fair, this is a charity, right?" mentality. Busy with another thread at the moment with someone who signed up 3 minutes ago and finds it egregious that Fiverr takes a percent of tips. No shortage of whiners today. This one is all yours.  

I've already taken care of the tip thread. But I'm looking forward to your contribution! 

Onwards and upwards we go! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Onwards and upwards we go! 

Imagine being so non-self aware and arrogant as to join a community, not learn the rules, and then once they start becoming obvious, demand that the rules which were in place when you joined be changed to meet your expectations, simply because you are now being surprised by them? All because, once again, you were so obtuse that you didn't learn the ropes in the first place.  More like a race to the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bethany_scraper said:

That is the reason that I am not getting any jobs because all the traffic is moved to another direction 😞

No, not all traffic. Not even most of the traffic. There are many, many, many sellers who are not on Fiverr Business and are still getting orders.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Imagine being so non-self aware and arrogant as to join a community, not learn the rules, and then once they start becoming obvious, demand that the rules which were in place when you joined be changed to meet your expectations, simply because you are now being surprised by them? All because, once again, you were so obtuse that you didn't learn the ropes in the first place.  More like a race to the bottom.

I can't imagine. That's the problem. I literally can't put myself in the shoes of individuals who think this way. It's too perplexing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...