What do I do if a buyer keeps requesting for revisions on a project.

tecbro_arphaxad

Question

What do you do when a buyer requests a revision, and after making corrections and reaching out to them to let them confirm if that's what they want, they don't reply. When I tried to deliver again, they came back online to request for another revision to change one slight thing or the order. Now, this has been going on for about 10 days, and I'm a little worried. How will this affect my gigs' position is search results and overall stats as a seller. Thanks.

• Like 7

3 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, tecbro_arphaxad said:

What do you do when a buyer requests a revision, and after making corrections and reaching out to them to let them confirm if that's what they want, they don't reply. When I tried to deliver again, they came back online to request for another revision to change one slight thing or the order. Now, this has been going on for about 10 days, and I'm a little worried. How will this affect my gigs' position is search results and overall stats as a seller. Thanks.

Make it clear to your buyer that you don't work for free. If you set up unlimited revisions, learn from that mistake and never offer unlimited revisions again. 

If you didn't, send them a custom order extra for a reasonable amount to make the changes. Explain that the changes they are requesting was not part of the original scope. If the buyer continues, make it very clear (in a professional manner) that you don't work for free. As per the terms on Fiverr, the buyer can use the revision button if the delivery didn't match the gig description or custom offer. That does not mean that they can use it to get free work done. 

If the buyer persists and you have done everything you can to satisfy them within reason and the scope of the original order, I'd contact customer support for assistance. 

Here's some material on bad buyers and about letting buyers bully you: 

If the buyer leaves a negative review/feedback, you can respond to it. 

Negative feedback will harm your profile and could cause you to receive fewer orders. So can a cancelation. Revision requests alone does not affect your profile as far as I know. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 7/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, smashradio said:

Make it clear to your buyer that you don't work for free. If you set up unlimited revisions, learn from that mistake and never offer unlimited revisions again. 

If you didn't, send them a custom order extra for a reasonable amount to make the changes. Explain that the changes they are requesting was not part of the original scope. If the buyer continues, make it very clear (in a professional manner) that you don't work for free. As per the terms on Fiverr, the buyer can use the revision button if the delivery didn't match the gig description or custom offer. That does not mean that they can use it to get free work done. 

If the buyer persists and you have done everything you can to satisfy them within reason and the scope of the original order, I'd contact customer support for assistance. 

Here's some material on bad buyers and about letting buyers bully you: 

If the buyer leaves a negative review/feedback, you can respond to it. 

Negative feedback will harm your profile and could cause you to receive fewer orders. So can a cancelation. Revision requests alone does not affect your profile as far as I know. 

Thanks for this! I think I am dealing with someone trying to play the system right now. He started out with a HUGE order and I set a milestone order. He accepted the first completion without any revisions. Then I completed the second part. He then waited 7 days after delivery then requested a revision on the portion that I already sent and he accepted in the first milestone. His revision request was more of a request to write additional, not revise anything. I kindly told him that I am happy to write additional and offered a really great price to do so (much less than I would normally). Also, during the process of this order, my writing gig was removed by Fiverr due to offering academic work, which my description specifically states that I do not do that and to not bother trying. I am wondering now if this buyer reported my gig to try to get it removed and maybe get his work for free?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sarahhagwood said:

Thanks for this! I think I am dealing with someone trying to play the system right now. He started out with a HUGE order and I set a milestone order. He accepted the first completion without any revisions. Then I completed the second part. He then waited 7 days after delivery then requested a revision on the portion that I already sent and he accepted in the first milestone. His revision request was more of a request to write additional, not revise anything. I kindly told him that I am happy to write additional and offered a really great price to do so (much less than I would normally). Also, during the process of this order, my writing gig was removed by Fiverr due to offering academic work, which my description specifically states that I do not do that and to not bother trying. I am wondering now if this buyer reported my gig to try to get it removed and maybe get his work for free?

This sounds pretty strange, yes. I'd reach out to support about your gig being removed. It might have been an automatic thing. 

This sure sounds like a fishy buyer either way. When all of this is over and done with, I'd block them. I hope everything works out!

• Like 3