Are You Happy With My Work?

Fiverr doesn't allow us to manipulate buyers into giving us 5-star reviews, or even ask them what rating they're going to give us, but there is a loophole...

----

Hi {username} 

Take a look at this.

Are you happy with my work? 
Do you need a revision?  

Please get back to me in 24 hours or less. 

Thank you,
Your Name

---

This is my message when I'm giving a pre-delivery (delivering without the Deliver Now button) or when an order is due in 24 hours.

Ideally, a pre-delivery is better because it gives you a chance to make changes.

Even if buyers are angry, they can't review what hasn't been delivered. 

What are you doing to avoid bad reviews? 

• Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, fastcopywriter said:

This is my message when I'm giving a pre-delivery (delivering without the Deliver Now button) or when an order is due in 24 hours.

Interesting approach but how do you manage if the buyer doesn't respond in 24 hours?

• Like 12

3 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

Fiverr doesn't allow us to manipulate buyers into giving us 5-star reviews, or even ask them what rating they're going to give us, but there is a loophole...

----

Hi {username} 

Take a look at this.

Are you happy with my work? 
Do you need a revision?  

Please get back to me in 24 hours or less. 

Thank you,
Your Name

---

Ideally, a pre-delivery is better because it gives you a chance to make changes.

Even if buyers are angry, they can't review what hasn't been delivered. 

What are you doing to avoid bad reviews? 

So much to unpack here.

Why do you “pre-deliver” via order update and not actually deliver?

Your “are you happy with my work” question is too open ended for its own good.

You need to add delivery notes to your every delivery instead, that explains and reminds the client why you took a certain direction and how you handled their project according to the scope agreed upon.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, frank_d said:

So much to unpack here.

Why do you “pre-deliver” via order update and not actually deliver?

Your “are you happy with my work” question is too open ended for its own good.

You need to add delivery notes to your every delivery instead, that explains and reminds the client why you took a certain direction and how you handled their project according to the scope agreed upon.

Actually delivering gives them the opportunity to give you a bad review. I want to avoid that If possible.

I don’t like long delivery notes, don’t think it’s my job to explain how the sausage is made. I will if they ask.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, fastcopywriter said:

Actually delivering gives them the opportunity to give you a bad review. I want to avoid that If possible.

You should definitely look into that. 
That’s not normal.

If you get negative reviews when you first deliver that means your onboarding process is non-existent or that you were way off on the actual content.

To clarify that has nothing to do with how you write but more like how you set/manage expectations.

Re: delivery notes

No wonder you are getting straight up negative reviews with no revision requests.

Again to clarify: I don’t think you should tell them “how the sausage is made”. This is more in the lines of “I listened to your requirements, delivered as per your request and here’s what you can or can’t change at this stage”.

Delivery notes help provide clarity and protect the work.

Plus it’s a great place for CS to find at a glance how you actually did what was agreed upon if they are inspecting the order for whatever reason.

Delivery notes also help the client feel heard and that you actually did the best you could.

• Like 14
  • Up 5

20 hours ago, frank_d said:

If you get negative reviews when you first deliver that means your onboarding process is non-existent or that you were way off on the actual content.

When I wrote brand names, the gig that got me a lot of negative reviews, yet made me over $25,000, I always warned people in the gig description that my gig was subjective and satisfaction was not guaranteed. I never claimed to be the best, I told people I would only provide a brainstorming. So whenever I hit the nail in the head, I got 5 stars, whenever I didn't, I got less stars. If my client came up with his own idea thanks to my efforts, I might get 5 stars. 

You can set expectations anyway you like, but that won't protect you when dealing with a difficult buyer. The only protection is a pre-delivery. I once had a guy that told me he wanted to give me 1-star, and he kept rejecting the refund request from me. Eventually he accepted. 

One of my tactics when dealing with a bad review, was responding with the brand names I created. Let the community judge my work, and see for themselves if my buyer was right or wrong. Alas, this is impossible to do for other sellers. Graphic designers can't respond with an image. 

• Like 6

On 7/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, fastcopywriter said:

They can request a revision if they want you to change something. And with pre-delivery, they can take your work while claiming they hated it, and demand a cancellation (which also affects your account, plus means that Fiverr doesn't earn anything, so they won't like you doing that).

On 7/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, fastcopywriter said:

I don’t like long delivery notes, don’t think it’s my job to explain how the sausage is made.

My buyers praise me for long delivery notes that explain why I wrote it the way I did (and it often makes them come back for more); even if they don't like the end result, they understand my thought process and see the effort I put in, and that definitely helps in avoiding a bad review.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 7/12/2022 at 6:39 AM, fastcopywriter said:

?

That's Great tactics to ask. Thank you so much.

Can i ask to my buyer your Rating will be appreciated? after deliver.

without telling them 1 or 5 star. Does it violate the TOS?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tousifakrams said:

Can i ask to my buyer your Rating will be appreciated? after deliver

Absolutely not. You can thank him, you can tell him to order again, but you can’t even suggest they give you a rating. You can tell them that tips are appreciated, although I don’t do that anymore, buyers have to pay a fee to tip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1