Questions, more questions... In two spots? (A few observations)

imagination7413

Loving the new "Fiverr Questions" section and the up/downvote option! 

I am, however, a bit surprised that "Fiverr Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" is kept as a regular response forum, and not a Q/A as well. Are there plans to change this? Is the redundancy intentional? Was changing the FAQ section to a Q/A not an option in the migration? 

image.png.d1d62a05a1eb61711279d40a011fbf34.png

Is rearranging the order of the categories possible? I REALLY think "Community Rules and Guidelines" should be at the top of the list, first thing. (Is it an option to make that one a view-only, and/or react-only and/or reply-only? So that members cannot reply or make new threads in that and the "News" categories? 

... Why is "Super Bowl" under the Welcome section?!?!? 

I'm aware that the new forums are still in a transition/settling phase, so if my observations are just jumping the gun, then I'll just say: glad to be back, looking forward to more!

• Like 10

The Community Rules and Guidelines as read read-only was suggested months ago but it doesn't seem to be in place. The Super Bowl section was for the promo when fiverr got a SB spot. The new look is nice but it would be nicer if there were a dark mode option. This new look is going to take some getting use to but now I have to see what can and can't be hidden from view.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Are there plans to change this? Is the redundancy intentional? Was changing the FAQ section to a Q/A not an option in the migration? 

The Fiverr Questions is supposed to work in a way where someone can ask a question, and pick the "correct" (most helpful) answer from the responses. I, personally, think this is more efficient than the other FAQ section.

I'm assuming that the FAQ section couldn't be removed, or it was kept in order to save all the previous FAQ  posts (posts from before the relaunch).

• Like 8

Hey @imagination7413
Thank you a lot for providing us with the feedback. If you see anything else that seems out of place to you or you have an idea/suggestion i encourage you to post it in this category. As for the stuff you said in your post I wrote them down and they will be looked into. Thanks again and take care!

• Like 12

@ivan_8813 Thank you for your reply and encouragement.

Is initiating this an option? It might also help you guys out, by cutting down on time taken per flag.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/moderating-content-r74/#communitymod 

Some possible flag options:
Spam; Thread in wrong category; Abusive behavior; Inappropriate or offensive content; Violation of Fiverr ToS, Community Standards, or Forum rules; Other/Something else (please explain in text option below).

• Like 11

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You would think by now, I would know the answers to these simple questions, but I don't. So I'm going to post these silly questions here! Thanks for bearing with me!😉

(This is also my first time using this "Ask New Question" button, so I'm sure my last question will be answered simply by making this posting.)

image.png.48d1195439de399d2101d043ca07f9d2.png

1. What is the difference between Fiverr FAQs and Fiverr Questions?

2. Is there an easier way to "Ask a question" on the forum? 

(note: you can "Start a new topic" and "Ask a question" ... I have only been starting topics up until now) 

I found this button at the top of a post with a question in it and it looks like that's how I can answer a question, so I'm going to try this out for the first time. However, does anyone know of an easier way to ask a question without checking multiple threads to find this button?

image.png.f4fa2646c9a414bfac97f73f6ca49a03.png

3. Are posting questions the only way to enable the upvoting/downvoting functions and marking a Community Answer in a thread? 

None of my posts have had these functions, so I'm guessing this is a 'yes.' 

Edited by vickieito
Yay! I see the upvoting function so I must have done this right! 😊
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

You would think by now, I would know the answers to these simple questions, but I don't. So I'm going to post these silly questions here! Thanks for bearing with me!😉

(This is also my first time using this "Ask New Question" button, so I'm sure my last question will be answered simply by making this posting.)

image.png.48d1195439de399d2101d043ca07f9d2.png

1. What is the difference between Fiverr FAQs and Fiverr Questions?

2. Is there an easier way to "Ask a question" on the forum? 

(note: you can "Start a new topic" and "Ask a question" ... I have only been starting topics up until now) 

I found this button at the top of a post with a question in it and it looks like that's how I can answer a question, so I'm going to try this out for the first time. However, does anyone know of an easier way to ask a question without checking multiple threads to find this button?

image.png.f4fa2646c9a414bfac97f73f6ca49a03.png

3. Are posting questions the only way to enable the upvoting/downvoting functions and marking a Community Answer in a thread? 

None of my posts have had these functions, so I'm guessing this is a 'yes.' 

FAQs means questions that people frequently ask and you can find their answers there quickly that are already posted . Ask a question button we should use when FAQs don,t provide us answer to any of our question or issue we are facing. 

• Like 6