Well, I don't know what to do. I would like some tips to improve my translation Gig.

cesar_salas43

For the past days, I've been trying to make Gig that could at least get the interest of some clients.

As a welcome sign, I received an absurd amount of spam messages from recently made accounts, asking to contact someone on Telegram. 
After reading some posts on the Forum, I concluded it was common.

I tried to make some changes to the Gig here and there; adding things to the FAQ, Requirements, etc; changing the word amount of the package; got some Impressions and 4 clicks. Didn't really want to look at Youtube videos as I read they weren't... Reliable.  

I'm starting to think that the competition in this area is too overwhelming for me.
I mean, I wasn't expecting $200 of income the first week after posting the Gig, but at least... Something.

I know translations samples are an option, I'll look at it later. Even so, I don't think they will boost visibility or improve potential costumer's impressions.

I don't have the money to pay for a "Guide to success in Fiverr"; no offense intended, I respect the work of those people; but still, I implore a response.

I want to know if someone who doesn't want to dedicate their full time on this can have this kind experience.

- Thanks in advance, Cesar. 

17 minutes ago, cesar_salas43 said:

I mean, I wasn't expecting $200 of income the first week after posting the Gig, but at least... Something.

As with starting any business, it takes time and effort to build your Fiverr business.

Start by reading this: 

Your first post.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cesar_salas43 said:

I don't have the money to pay for a "Guide to success in Fiverr"

If you go to Fiverr Learn (https://learn.fiverr.com/) there's a free course called "Online Freelancing Essentials: Be A Successful Fiverr Seller".

For your gig I'd change the 2nd FAQ answer. Also in the title I think "viceversa" is the Spanish way of writing it. I think it's normally "vice versa" for English.

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I'll check it out. I thought every course had to be paid. 

About the FAQ, I'll see what I can replace it with. Regarding the title... Yeah, that's pretty embarrassing. I've been taught that it was the same. Guess I shouldn't have trusted that. 

Edited by cesar_salas43
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, cesar_salas43 said:

For the past days, I've been trying to make Gig that could at least get the interest of some clients.

As a welcome sign, I received an absurd amount of spam messages from recently made accounts, asking to contact someone on Telegram. 
After reading some posts on the Forum, I concluded it was common.

I tried to make some changes to the Gig here and there; adding things to the FAQ, Requirements, etc; changing the word amount of the package; got some Impressions and 4 clicks. Didn't really want to look at Youtube videos as I read they weren't... Reliable.  

I'm starting to think that the competition in this area is too overwhelming for me.

I know translations samples are an option, I'll look at it later. Even so, I don't think they will boost visibility or improve potential costumer's impressions.

I don't have the money to pay for a "Guide to success in Fiverr"; no offense intended, I respect the work of those people; but still, I implore a response.

I want to know if someone who doesn't want to dedicate their full time on this can have this kind experience.

- Thanks in advance, Cesar. 

Creating fiverr profile and gig is first step towards earning online.

You should now optimize your gigs by doing SEO, using right keywords in your gig title , portfolio images ,description and using  tags etc.

Keep your rates lower as a beginner it can help to get first order

Also share your gig on social media sites with related audience. Join different social media groups of translation services and share your gig on those groups pages. 

Build your own social media pages , groups and share your sample work there.

Also use youtube create short videos of your work and upload on youtube 

Join linked in build contacts with professionals related to your field. 

Hope so this helps!