What should I do?

r_f_riyad_

1 hour ago, r_f_riyad_ said:

What should I do? 6 products are extra.

download - 2022-07-11T204350.190.png

Seems like they are asking for additional work.

They key word here is “ask”.

I don’t know what the original agreement was or how much additional work another 6 items is.

My advice would be to embrace and pivot:

”Sure that’s definitely something I can do for you. It’s an additional $X. Would you like for me to issue an additional invoice to this order so we can get started on this additional request? Thank you!”

(assuming this is an open order)

They are dangling the “great review” carrot which doesn’t seem to be coming from a bad place, they are just hoping you will do it as part of the original agreement.

It’s up to you to ask for fair compensation and be kind but firm. A lot of people are doing these requests for free hence the ask we keep seeing on this platform.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psykkopatte said:

Good replies, but he is maybe taken in hostage, maybe buyer is going to leave bad review if he doesn't do it or threat him

If you are afraid of bad reviews than you always will be open for blackmailing. One bad review with his professional answer will be his “scarecrow” for all scammers in the future. So what do you chose: forever be afraid of bad reviews, being bullied into free work and cancelled orders or just get one bad review and never get blackmailed  ever again? 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

If you are afraid of bad reviews than you always will be open for blackmailing. One bad review with his professional answer will be his “scarecrow” for all scammers in the future. So what do you chose: forever be afraid of bad reviews, being bullied into free work and cancelled orders or just get one bad review and never get blackmailed  ever again? 

Better get a bad review than being dragged for free I guess.
But I must say this is not fairplay at all, can CS do something about this kind of situation or not ?

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, psykkopatte said:

but he is maybe taken in hostage, maybe buyer is going to leave bad review if he doesn't do it or threat him

Then he should delete his account and hide under the bed. Business is for bouncing Tiggers, not scared piglets.

Winnie The Pooh GIF 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Reviews manipulation is handled by CS if there are sufficient evidence.

Their comment about the review wasn’t a threat, it was a -seemingly- legitimate request.

I get those comments A LOT, usually about revisions. Reviews are mentioned when the buyer knows they are pushing the limits of their scope.

That’s when they tend to mention their future glowing review, as a means to motivate the seller to go the extra 3-5 miles.

It took me a while to learn how to handle these requests, I usually brush them off.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when they mention the review it means they are having a positive experience up to that point. So handling it with empathy is important.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'm not sure what 'these last 6' entail, but if this were my buyer I would respond and say something along the lines of...

Usually I would charge $X per item which would be an extra cost of $X, however I can do you a deal and only charge for 3 of the 6, so you're saving half of my usual cost. If you'd like me to create the offer for this please just let me know."

As you're showing the buyer you are giving them a great discount, they will be less likely to give a negative review (read up on the law of reciprocation), but you are also being compensated for your time for this work, so it's a win win situation for both you and the buyer.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, callyofficial said:

but you are also being compensated for your time for this work, so it's a win win situation for both you and the buyer.

Well, no. They are only being compensated for half their time which in my eyes is not being 'compensated for your time'. That's extra work for no reward unless you exaggerate what you tell the buyer you usually charge, with a view to receiving the same funds as usual (which would be dishonest).

If a builder comes and builds me a wall, I expect to pay him for the whole wall. If I only pay him for half, how is that remunerating him? 

In the world of commerce, we calculate what our hours are worth. If I am not being remunerated, then I expect to be eating, travelling, watching cat videos on YouTube or sleeping, not working!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, psykkopatte said:

But I must say this is not fairplay at all, can CS do something about this kind of situation or not ?

I don’t see anything unfair there. You are a business and you are running your business, and every business encounters bad buyers. Though the example above I wouldn’t even call “bad buyer”, I get those kind of messages quite often and that doesn’t mean that client will leave a bad review if you send him an extra. 
You can’t expect every time you run into a slightest trouble that mommy aka fiverr will cover for you. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 7

unfortunately, I'm a new seller & it was my 2nd buyer. That's why a positive review is important for me. When the buyer asked then I had no option in this situation. I agreed with his/her request for a review. When I have done his/her project with extra 6 products then the buyer leaves a good review.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

Well, no. They are only being compensated for half their time which in my eyes is not being 'compensated for your time'. That's extra work for no reward unless you exaggerate what you tell the buyer you usually charge, with a view to receiving the same funds as usual (which would be dishonest).

If a builder comes and builds me a wall, I expect to pay him for the whole wall. If I only pay him for half, how is that remunerating him? 

In the world of commerce, we calculate what our hours are worth. If I am not being remunerated, then I expect to be eating, travelling, watching cat videos on YouTube or sleeping, not working!

My "charge for 3 of the 6" comment wasn't meant to be taken so literally. Obviously this is down to each seller to decide on the numbers. I was simply giving a suggestion. My point was that it's usually better to show the buyer you are willing to work with them, rather than take a zero compromise approach, especially with a difficult buyer. I prefer to let my buyers know I'm always prepared to give more, especially in these tricky situations, as this usually prevents turning a difficult situation into a horrible one. You may feel this is taking a loss on time and money, but for me, ensuring I deliver a high standard of work and service, makes me confident I will make up any loss in the long run.

Edited by callyofficial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I don’t see anything unfair there. You are a business and you are running your business, and every business encounters bad buyers. Though the example above I wouldn’t even call “bad buyer”, I get those kind of messages quite often and that doesn’t mean that client will leave a bad review if you send him an extra. 
You can’t expect every time you run into a slightest trouble that mommy aka fiverr will cover for you. 

Sounds right, this is probably same when someone gets abusive review on google 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1