Buyer is not accepting my delivery

mrwebguru

The situation is that buyer is not accepting my order delivery she reject my delivery and ask more work to do from about 6 - 7 months. She continuously asking me to do updates on her sites. But the work that is demanded in order is completed. when I ask him to accept my delivery she ask that what you have done? and after this she ask me to do more work and even when i do this she accusing to accept delivery. I have done lot of work that is not mentioned in order but it is not completing his will.

Can anybody help me to handle this client.

Screenshot (1).png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

hello!

If you are sure that you have completed the work as stated when order is placed then contact resolution center. Tell them that you have completed the job and the buyer is refusing to accept it. Show them the screenshots and hopefully it will be resolved in your favor.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

It's probably worth removing "unlimited revisions" from all your gig's packages too so you don't get buyers in future trying to ask for revisions forever. And also it's probably best not to offer unlimited revisions in custom offers.

If they ask "what have you done" you can describe each thing you did. In general you should describe the work done when you deliver the order/revision.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, iamattique said:

I put the revisions to be "0" in some orders, still I have experienced buyers request for a revision. Do you have any suggestion in that regard?

They don't code it so it prevents the buyer from asking for a revision when it reaches the limit (though I think it might have mentioned to the buyer how many revisions they have left) but it can help dissuade them from keeping asking for revisions and if you don't put "unlimited revisions" in the gig/offer customer support won't expect you to keep revising even after an order is complete if the buyer keeps asking for them (they might only expect you to deliver up to the number you offered, once the order is set to complete).

I'd put however number of revisions you think is reasonable. It's up to you how you handle it but you could let them know that future revisions would be chargeable (and you could create an extra for the extra revision (making sure the number of days in the extra are high enough from the order date) that they'd need to accept). Or maybe if it's a simple change you could say you'll do that but any other revision would be chargeable (with an extra) since you don't offer free revisions with that gig/package. I'd do what's reasonable. You need to keep the buyer happy so they don't give a bad review but also not let them take advantage but asking for much more revisions than you offer. If the revision was for something that was incorrect I'd revise it anyway without charge.

It would be good if there was something official from Fiver on how to handle those situations though. Maybe support could explain what's best to do if you have an issue with a buyer asking that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Always set a fixed amount of revisions. I have between 3 and 4 depending on the gig. If a buyer asks for a revision once the free ones are used up, I tell them that I only offer a limited number of free revisions which they have used, however I will allow one more, but after this any further revisions will cost $X. This way you're showing you're giving them more than you promised, which the buyer always appreciates, but also giving them advance notice that there will be an extra cost after this. Since doing this I haven't had any issues and my buyers are always happy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

They don't code it so it prevents the buyer from asking for a revision when it reaches the limit (though I think it might have mentioned to the buyer how many revisions they have left) but it can help dissuade them from keeping asking for revisions and if you don't put "unlimited revisions" in the gig/offer customer support won't expect you to keep revising even after an order is complete if the buyer keeps asking for them (they might only expect you to deliver up to the number you offered, once the order is set to complete).

I'd put however number of revisions you think is reasonable. It's up to you how you handle it but you could let them know that future revisions would be chargeable (and you could create an extra for the extra revision that they'd need to accept). Or maybe if it's a simple change you could say you'll do that but any other revision would be chargeable (with an extra) since you don't offer free revisions with that gig/package. I'd do what's reasonable. You need to keep the buyer happy so they don't give a bad review but also not let them take advantage but asking for much more revisions than you offer. If the revision was for something that was incorrect I'd revise it anyway without charge.

worth a lot! 

Thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, iamattique said:

In start of Fiverr career, most freelancer use this to persuade buyer in order to promote their gig. 

This is more than bad, unlimited revisions doesn't change anything in term of work quality, it's even the opposite, when you work well you do not need to do thousand revisions, 3/4/5 are enough, unlimited revisions sounds like not being sure of work quality and by doing this they are caged in buyer abuser sphere who can decide to make them work forever, it doesn't make sense at all, this feature shouldn't even exist.

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 6
  • Up 3

Answer the question: Did you finish the work that was mentioned in the order? If you did it, did you do it fully and qualitatively. If the answers are yes, then take some time and write a detailed report on the work that was done.

Even if you have unlimited revisions, it does not give the right to demand to do work that is not covered by the order. At the same time, you should remove unlimited revisions because they cause too many problems.

When you have done this and informed that the work is really finished, and the customer is still adamant, it is time to contact customer support for help.

• Like 5
  • Up 1