Drafting a polite text? - New Seller

emdiabdinur

Hi wise people of Fiverr,

I have been actively requesting my friends to reach out and share my gigs within their inner circles as part of putting my new venture out there. And have found success in the ways that I didn't expect.

So, how do I politely draw boundary that any & all communication should be moved towards my Fiverr gig page and not my personal social media? And that it is not a collaboration, but work that I would be performing.

As in, how do I tell them that I want to talk business in my office (Fiverr profile) and not at my house (Messenger)?

Edited by emdiabdinur
grammar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, emdiabdinur said:

So, how do I politely draw boundary that any & all communication should be moved towards my Fiverr gig page and not my personal social media? And that it is not a collaboration, but work that I would be performing.

Hi @emdiabdinur,

If your friends ask about your Fiverr business, give them your Fiverr profile link and ask for them to message you on Fiverr. Let them know that it is Fiverr's policy to keep all Fiverr-related conversations within the Fiverr platform and app.

Once your friends contact you in Fiverr, only respond to them in Fiverr. For example, if your friend mentions Fiverr on Messenger, respond to to your friend in the Fiverr app, not in Messenger. Start your message with a reminder to keep all Fiverr communications within the Fiverr platform before answering their questions. You can set up a Quick Response to handle this. This will train your friends to only communicate with you on Fiverr.

To clarify your services, explain your gig and services in detail so that your friends understand what services you are offering and what you are not.

For example, you offer book illustrations. You can explain your different packages and how each package includes commercial rights to your illustrations. At that point you can explain how you don't need to be listed as the illustrator for their children's book.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 6:51 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @emdiabdinur,

If your friends ask about your Fiverr business, give them your Fiverr profile link and ask for them to message you on Fiverr. Let them know that it is Fiverr's policy to keep all Fiverr-related conversations within the Fiverr platform and app.

Once your friends contact you in Fiverr, only respond to them in Fiverr. For example, if your friend mentions Fiverr on Messenger, respond to to your friend in the Fiverr app, not in Messenger. Start your message with a reminder to keep all Fiverr communications within the Fiverr platform before answering their questions. You can set up a Quick Response to handle this. This will train your friends to only communicate with you on Fiverr.

To clarify your services, explain your gig and services in detail so that your friends understand what services you are offering and what you are not.

For example, you offer book illustrations. You can explain your different packages and how each package includes commercial rights to your illustrations. At that point you can explain how you don't need to be listed as the illustrator for their children's book.

thank you! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1