What should I do if Seller provided unoriginal images?

joewangny

A seller that I had ordered photos from exposed my business to over $100,000 in fines after providing me with work that she shot of herself in February and March 2022- THREE MONTHS before I had even contacted her, in June 2022. The first case I opened was closed without comments. The second case, same thing happened. I also reported her to Fiverr Buyer Support and provided EXIF data but no resolution has been reached- Zohan, the shift manager, has left my case open for quite some time now. Now I am out $144.

What is the best course of action that I should pursue? Is there an internal escalations team that I can contact to proceed?

CA06A616-3471-49C8-88A9-C93A265DAA23.pdf 0DC08063-0DDC-42A9-97A7-5FB629072A6A.pdf

Edited by joewangny
personal data
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, joewangny said:

A seller that I had ordered photos from exposed my business to over $100,000 in fines after providing me with work that she shot of herself in February and March 2022- THREE MONTHS before I had even contacted her, in June 2022. The first case I opened was closed without comments. The second case, same thing happened. I also reported her to Fiverr Buyer Support and provided EXIF data but no resolution has been reached- Zohan, the shift manager, has left my case open for quite some time now. Now I am out $144.

What is the best course of action that I should pursue? Is there an internal escalations team that I can contact to proceed?

CA06A616-3471-49C8-88A9-C93A265DAA23.pdf 2.28 MB · 3 downloads 0DC08063-0DDC-42A9-97A7-5FB629072A6A.pdf 2.21 MB · 0 downloads

100k fine? Lawyer up. 

• Like 6

I take his post to say that he was exposed to the potential to get up to 100K in fines, not that he actually was fined 100K. It seems like he is out $144.00 and some frustration and time. 

I recall reading in the TOS about the escalation process. I would continue to document your attempts to resolve the issue through Fiverr's procedures. If for some reason an extended period of time goes by and the issue is not resolved, then I suppose you might have grounds to take the issue outside of Fiverr. Until then, no matter how frustrating the loss of $144 and time may be, just have patience and let Fiverr work the process of resolving this. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1