need help for client communication

momin_uz_zaman

Question

Hi everyone.

I am a new seller on fiverr. I opend my account on may. till now i was able to contact with 5 buyer. But I only was able to convert 1 of them into order.
some clients say that they are going to hire me but after some time they don't respond properly to my massages. one of the buyer selected me for the job and he said that he is going to hire me from another account of his friend. but it has been 3 days. and when i Knock him he says that he is busy.

• Like 16

8 answers to this question

18 hours ago, momin_uz_zaman said:

Hi everyone.

I am a new seller on fiverr. I opend my account on may. till now i was able to contact with 5 buyer. But I only was able to convert 1 of them into order.
some clients say that they are going to hire me but after some time they don't respond properly to my massages. one of the buyer selected me for the job and he said that he is going to hire me from another account of his friend. but it has been 3 days. and when i Knock him he says that he is busy.

You should never massage your clients without their prior consent. 

Also, I recommend not knocking your buyers. It can hurt to get knocked

With that out of the way: 

It's normal for buyers to chat with different sellers in order to fint the right one for them. It sounds like they found someone else who was a better match, leaving you hanging. This happens. 

You could probably improve your communication skills. Knowing how to communicate with buyers properly can help you land more sales. 

I recommend that you take some English classes and customer service classes. Having skills in customer support can really help. 

And if a buyer stops responding to you, don't keep messaging them. That's called spam, and it could get you in trouble. 

Best of luck! 🙂

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13
  • Up 3

This is normal on Fiverr. Buyers contact many sellers at a time. Maybe they chose you but after some time another seller who has better skills than you convince the buyer.  Sometimes the buyer are really busy because they have another business. So, keep patience and Keep up good works.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, momin_uz_zaman said:

Hi everyone.

Hello, You have to enhance your communication skill. Try to text shortly. Do not disturb any buyer by sending continuous message. 

You can read this for more information: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017813438-Communication-The-dos-and-donts?segment=seller

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Don't worry about it - many people who contact you and ask about your services and pricing, will never place an order. Don't bother them - according to my experience, buyers, who REALLY need your services, will place an order within 1 day.  Many buyers text to several sellers at once, just to check pricing, to find the best of the best so I guess they already placed an order and working with someone else - this is ok, that happens - just move forward, and don't forget to improve your skills

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, olyasr said:

buyers, who REALLY need your services, will place an order within 1 day.

Not necessarily. I've had many buyers who were deciding on multiple sellers, and chose to hire me days, even weeks, later. Don't assume that every buyer operates the same way. Every buyer is different, and seeks services on different time schedules. 😉

• Like 8

Just try to focus on going ahead, don't message your Buyers unless they message you by themselves. Keep in mind, when you have worked with few Buyers and got some repeat Buyers through your EXCELLENT SERVICES, they will come back to you again and again. Regularly share your GIGs on Social Medias, send buyer requests and hope you will get everything so smooth. 

• Like 5

On 7/13/2022 at 12:34 PM, hazzaz_mannan said:

My point of view----

1. Learn English: Yah, The most simple, but straight truth is, English is the first key to the communication
  2. Response quickly
  3. Do not send custom offers
  4. Use FORMAL words
  5. Tell them what you have got
  6. Offer something useful
  7. Proper buyer requests

You're right. As a new seller, we need to follow these things. It will help us a lot.

• Like 3