How much is too much to charge for my gig? (Beginner)

alyssahunterx

My gig is book cover designs. I am a graphic design minor in college and have been designing book covers for free on the writing platform Wattpad. I would say I am a beginner but I have been trained in Adobe tools for 2 years now in school. What is a reasonable amount to charge for a book cover?

Since I am new to Fiverr and actually selling my covers, I listed the basic at $5. I had an order place within 20 minutes of it being active. I'm very timely, and feel that my designs are typically pretty well done. I wanted to get some reviews before bumping my pricing, but was unsure if it would matter. Is $20 too much?

fiverintro2.png

• Like 7

You set up your own price that you think is fair for the amount of time you spend on it 😉 

you also need to make sure that you know all requirements and can prepare books for printing with different companies like keep, Amazon etc  not only design book cover 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I can understand your concern.

First think, how much would you pay to someone as a buyer, if you think 20$ is fair enough or just 5$ is enough? It's up to you how much you want to charge for a cover design, how much time you have invested in learning of cover design? As far concern is about book cover design, you should also mention about what kind of cover you are going to provide with your gig, like paperback, hard cover or something else. 

• Like 3