My Gig Was Doing Well For MONTHS And Now It ALL PLUMMETED. Why?

thomasjakobtune

I've got a gig as a singer with 118 reviews, 5 stars, and I've been doing great for months, had about 12 orders in queue at some point, until about 2 weeks ago when my impressions plummeted and I'm left with barely any impression. How is this EVER possible and what sense does it make? I'm really puzzled and really didn't think this platform could be so untrustworthy.

My Gig

Edited by thomasjakobtune
  • Like 1

There are also times that gigs just go on rotation. Unless your impressions are zero or in the 2 digit mark then I think you might be doing fine?

No one actually knows the exact reason behind impressions falling. However, what is known is that (1) you may have had a client who shared some private feedback that affected your visibility (2) perhaps other sellers in your line of service is doing better than you (3) its just been a slow season and/or the demand is not high

• Like 2
  • Up 2

It's summer. People are on vacation or outside. It's normal to have slower periods during the summer season, especially around this time. 

Like my esteemed collegue, mademoiselle @theratypist explained, it might also be negative private feedback from a buyer or simple gig rotation. Your placement in search isn't fixed or permanent, and is based on many factors like buyer satisfaction, demand, relevancy to each buyer, pricing/value and so on. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, theratypist said:

There are also times that gigs just go on rotation. Unless your impressions are zero or in the 2 digit mark then I think you might be doing fine?

No one actually knows the exact reason behind impressions falling. However, what is known is that (1) you may have had a client who shared some private feedback that affected your visibility (2) perhaps other sellers in your line of service is doing better than you (3) its just been a slow season and/or the demand is not high

But how incredibly hard will it be to take Fiverr seriously as a platform if we're deprived of work after getting ONE private negative feedback, and the rest is continuous laud & constant 5 stars all over?

It's been 2 weeks now. Almost going to zero after MONTHS of great performance. Fiverr can't do this to me.
image.thumb.png.e3a3a8b9614852224dbce95e75472089.png

Edited by thomasjakobtune