Jump to content

SEO title feature removed?


nicks_voice
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2022 at 10:56 AM, nicks_voice said:

I noticed I was able to edit my SEO title, now I suddenly can't. Was it removed?

Yes. 

Here's what Josh over at Customer Support had to say about it: 

"After careful consideration, we've determined that Gig SEO titles did not have a significant impact and therefore we've decided to disable them." 

  • Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like it could have been a feature that was there for a while though.

eg. this was asked in 2018:

I agree they might have found it not helpful (or not very helpful), eg. maybe it was only (quite?) useful for searches from search engines like Google, and not from Fiverr's search where most people probably search for gigs. Though maybe the decision to add more SEO options in Seller Plus might have been something to do with it - maybe they want people to upgrade to seller plus so might be reducing SEO options in the normal part of the site.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, uk1000 said:

It seems like it could have been a feature that was there for a while though.

eg. this was asked in 2018:

I agree they might have found it not helpful (or not very helpful), eg. maybe it was only (quite?) useful for searches from search engines like Google, and not from Fiverr's search where most people probably search for gigs. Though maybe the decision to add more SEO options in Seller Plus might have been something to do with it - maybe they want people to upgrade to seller plus so might be reducing SEO options in the normal part of the site.

The "SEO Title" was meant for Google, as far as I know. So perhaps Fiverr didn't see an increase in Google ranking based on the feature, and removed it for that reason? Perhaps the algo here on Fiverr used it as well, but I think it was mainly a SERP-thing. 

I doubt if it will come back, even for Seller Plus. Unless Fiverr decided to lie and claim it had no effect, so they can charge for it down the line. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

The "SEO Title" was meant for Google, as far as I know. So perhaps Fiverr didn't see an increase in Google ranking based on the feature, and removed it for that reason?

If they didn't see an increase in Google ranking it's unusual that it took them about 4 years or more to find that out.

They'd said:

Quote

SEO Title
The page's Title Tag is the is the most important on-page SEO factor on any website...can help your pages rank higher in Search Engine Results Pages (SERP's)

And they had it on their website for about 4 years or more and only removed it soon after releasing Seller Plus ranking features.  They also haven't shown any data or graphs showing what effect it had (eg. if they showed it slowly going to no benefit that might be a good reason to remove it). And if it did have no benefit all that time it's unusual that they'd keep it there all that time, while adding help pages (and possibly videos) saying the benefits of it, while it would have been wasting the sellers' time entering that info all that time.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If they didn't see an increase in Google ranking it's unusual that it took them about 4 years or more to find that out.

They'd said:

And they had it on their website for about 4 years or more and only removed it soon after releasing Seller Plus ranking features.  They also haven't shown any data or graphs showing what effect it had (eg. if they showed it slowly going to no benefit that might be a good reason to remove it). And if it did have no benefit all that time it's unusual that they'd keep it there all that time, while adding help pages (and possibly videos) saying the benefits of it, while it would have been wasting the sellers' time entering that info all that time.

You could be right. You could be wrong. If you're right, Fiverr is basically lying to its customers. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...