What a joke was this?

filipdevaere

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I was just going to shut down my laptop when I noticed a new message in my inbox.

This guy with a budget of $5, was interested in one of my Pro Verified gigs with a basic package of $180.

For sure, I am not going to waste time on this guy.

I see you met Scrooge McDuck. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

This guy with a budget of $5, was interested in one of my Pro Verified gigs with a basic package of $180.

Maybe he didn't see any pro verified badge on it.

Maybe he just saw the "Please contact me to create a custom order. Price and delivery time stated here are indicative." and thought he could try and get a reduced price and maybe he only wanted a few hundred words written and not 4000. Though I assume he mostly ignored the price shown and tried to bargain.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@uk1000

I just noticed that I made a mistake. I told on the forum it was a Pro Verified gig. But it is not yet a PRO gig. 
I am waiting for the Fiverr Support team to solve a payment issue on this gig. After this, it will be converted from a normal gig into a Pro Verified gig.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Reminds me of my recent conversation with a "buyer". I quoted a price of $200, he said he didn't have that amount of money. He can pay 10 😁

And he told that he has an active order as a SELLER 😆 for this work, but he didn't have enough skills to do it, so he was looking for someone else to do it instead of him.  Maybe this is a similar situation, who knows

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, olyasr said:

Reminds me of my recent conversation with a "buyer". I quoted a price of $200, he said he didn't have that amount of money. He can pay 10 😁

And he told that he has an active order as a SELLER 😆 for this work, but he didn't have enough skills to do it, so he was looking for someone else to do it instead of him.

It sounds like that "buyer" wanted to con a better seller (you, in this case) into doing the work at a stupid-cheap price, so he could, perhaps, con HIS "buyer" into a price hike, at a much higher price, so that he could claim your work as his, and "earn" a profit for doing nothing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonbaas said:

It sounds like that "buyer" wanted to con a better seller (you, in this case) into doing the work at a stupid-cheap price, so he could, perhaps, con HIS "buyer" into a price hike, at a much higher price, so that he could claim your work as his, and "earn" a profit for doing nothing.

Yes, that's quite likely. The funny thing about this is that some sellers are so desperate that they are willing to work even under these conditions

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I had another one yesterday.
A Fiverr Business Buyer wanted me to check a Dutch text.
It was clearly a text that was translated with software. He confirmed this.
He mentioned that he had a translator, so I said to myself: “Why should I correct this text for free, he can give it later to his translator and pay for it”. I decided to ask only $5 because it was roughly about 50 words. After I mentioned the price, the conversation stopped immediately.

image.thumb.png.0962a0fbed7c9827341255e95cd6de89.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

After I mentioned the price, the conversation stopped immediately

I could understand it if he texted you on some forum or Facebook or something, but not on Fiverr. It's like he texted an old friend on Facebook, except he forgot that it's a freelance website and every service must be paid

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1