I usually reply in fear of wrath.

Today, I hoped to find some respite true,

A tiny sixty minutes to myself;

I thought it could be reasonable to do!

Good for both my sanity and health!

Alas, that I was wrong I do despair;

The messages, they came advising me

Not even any Englishwoman dare

Break up her work week for a pot of tea.

The anger of your petulance I fear,

Trembling as I open up my phone.

I've really tried to keep you close, and dear

To tolerate your whining and your moans.

But I do not deceive you when I state

That I was not online at all today;

My light was on, yet I stared at my plate,

For Sunday dinner had its role to play.

Forgive me for my absence for an hour,

You're thinking I ignored your wants and wishes.

My mind was not being petulant and sour,

But my body was away and washing dishes.

Edited by anniejenkinson
  • Like 26
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I truly live for your forum poems, they're so well done! 👏

I also love it because it just makes the passive aggressiveness of it all feel so civilized and sophisticated haha.

Thank you so much, Sabine! And you were gracious not to point out that I used petulance/petulant so I'll swap one out! 😄 I especially appreciate praise from you. 💚 The green heart is for you as well as my 'online' light, ha.

Oh, I have used up my edits so I cannot swap out 'petulant' for 'difficult' in the penultimate line. Damn! 

Edited by anniejenkinson
  • Like 11

29 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

And you were gracious not to point out that I used petulance/petulant so I'll swap one out!

I feel for a piece like this the double use of this word was by no means too much, perhaps simply necessary to emphasize the message of the entire poem 😜

32 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

I especially appreciate praise from you. 💚 The green heart is for you as well as my 'online' light, ha.

I urge you to please tag me whenever you choose to write another masterpiece like this! The exciting journey we're taking as readers about something so seemingly small  is something I didn't know I needed on my Sunday evening. So thank you too for putting this effort in, and making a little rant like this so enjoyable to read 😇 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I feel for a piece like this the double use of this word was by no means too much, perhaps simply necessary to emphasize the message of the entire poem 😜

I urge you to please tag me whenever you choose to write another masterpiece like this! The exciting journey we're taking as readers about something so seemingly small  is something I didn't know I needed on my Sunday evening. So thank you too for putting this effort in, and making a little rant like this so enjoyable to read 😇 

That's so nice! I am going to dedicate the next one to you, in that case! As well as tagging you, of course. What is your Fiverr pet peeve, Sabine?

• Like 10

I was off on vacation last week but ended up keeping my account as normal (mostly because I knew I'd have time for shorter stuff in transit/while flying and work can usually capture my attention enough to help get over my phobia of flight (not this time, chose too early flights!) and felt the anxiety of this quite a bit (though most people seemed quite understanding as the projects they were looking for were longer. 

It was pretty comical trying to check my messages on top of the Eiffel Tower, though! 

My two hours of true rest were while we were watching Hamilton (we got tickets, apparently that doesn't happen so easily, got roasted for it on a tour bus after ha!) but I definitely found my eyes wandering to my purse a couple of times though my phones were off ha!

(Wonderful poem, by the way, and pretty relatable!)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

What is your Fiverr pet peeve, Sabine?

Hmmm....that's a good question! I have a few, but I'll sum up two if that's alright with you 😅

1. Buyers (or potential ones) who send all their questions/thoughts line per line. Not only does the notification sound (and notifications on my phone) simply irk me, but it also doesn't improve the overview of information.
2. Buyers who don't know what they want. This happens! And I don't mind at all figuring it out with my buyers together to discuss ideas. But what I mean is when they ask for something and you deliver, only for them to say 'can't you do it like this' or even worse 'no I wanted you to do it like this' even though you created it exactly as they requested. 

I'm sure I have other ones but these two came to mind when reading your question! 

• Like 10