Fiverr account restricted for the wrong reason, i think.....

shaunf119

Question

My current Fiverr account was restricted because i was accused of using "multiple accounts" to buy services on Fiverr. I did have another account which was banned permanently and being banned permanently means that i could NOT have used the banned account to buy services. So the truth is that i have always been using ONE account to buy services on Fiverr, but still had the other banned account (banned account not in use). 

I believe that the Fiverr admin had misunderstood the situation by treating my current account and my banned account as "using multiple accounts to buy services". How could i be using multiple accounts if the other account was already banned permanently and not accessible?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

19 answers to this question

My understanding is that once your account is permanently banned, you are permanently banned. This means that you cannot create a new account. Because you weren't able to follow the rules stated in Fiverr's Terms of Service for one account.

Fiverr assumes you read the Terms and Conditions (something you agreed to reading as well). If you fail to do so and your account is banned as a result, you've basically ruined your chances to be allowed to work on Fiverr ever again. 

Edited by sabinespoems
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

5 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

My current Fiverr account was restricted because i was accused of using "multiple accounts" to buy services on Fiverr. I did have another account which was banned permanently and being banned permanently means that i could NOT have used the banned account to buy services. So the truth is that i have always been using ONE account to buy services on Fiverr, but still had the other banned account (banned account not in use). 

I believe that the Fiverr admin had misunderstood the situation by treating my current account and my banned account as "using multiple accounts to buy services". How could i be using multiple accounts if the other account was already banned permanently and not accessible?

If you were already kicked from the platform, that means you have no right to be on the platform in the first place. In other words, making another account does not give you the right to use Fiverr, a private platform, if Fiverr thinks you ought not to be here.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4

"...once your account is permanently banned, you are permanently banned."

But thats not what the support had told me. The support told me what my new account was RESTRICTED (NOT banned) because they thought i was using "multiple accounts to buy services" on Fiverr. What you are saying is something different. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

How could i be using multiple accounts if the other account was already banned permanently and not accessible?

For starters and a simple fact; you had 2 accounts. Because one was permanently banned (and thus impossible to use), doesn't mean you don't still have 2 accounts. This is against Fiverr's ToS. Therefore, you can no longer use your current account. 

I hope this was a better explanation! 

Edited by sabinespoems
  • Like 6
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3

@Saninespoems

Yes i know exactly what you mean. The issue here is NOT about having two accounts. Its about "using multiple accounts to buy or sell services on Fiverr". By the way, my old account was banned for a trivial reason of sharing an email with my seller for urgent communication needs. 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

I think some posters here have not read my posts correctly. There is a difference between "having two accounts", and "using multiple accounts to buy or sell services on Fiverr" (obviously, the latter is what Fiverr is much more concerned about)

And my point is that how can i be using "multiple accounts to buy & sell services" if the old account was permanently banned, thus NOT accessible to me as a buyer or seller?

Note: Sharing email for URGENT communication needs only. Fiverr DOES allow email sharing for work related purposes because the seller was asking me for my email as a part of his task requirements and Fiverr system DID ALLOW this to occur. 

There really is a big difference between "having two accounts" and "using multiple accounts to buy & sell services on Fiverr". Obviously Fiverr is concerned about people using FAKE identity to conduct businesses on Fiverr.

Like i said, Fiverr system does allow sharing of emails if its strictly related to the job to be done. If this was not allowed, the seller would not have been allowed to add this as one of his task requirements (The task requirement is BUILT INTO the Fiverr's system). 

Edited by shaunf119
clarification
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

@Saninespoems

Yes i know exactly what you mean. The issue here is NOT about having two accounts. Its about "using multiple accounts to buy or sell services on Fiverr". By the way, my old account was banned for a trivial reason of sharing an email with my seller for urgent communication needs. 

Does it really matter? The point is: if you're banned, you can't make a new account. You've used multiple accounts because you had one account, it got banned, so you made another. It's all in the TOS you agreed to follow when signing up for Fiverr. 

And what is your argument, exactly? That Fiverr didn't clarify the reason behind the suspension in a way that suits you? 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

By the way, my old account was banned for a trivial reason of sharing an email with my seller for urgent communication needs. 

Trying to circumvent the messaging system on Fiverr is a serious violation of the terms. It's not "trivial". The reason for this is that the entire business model on Fiverr is based on the fact that buyers and sellers transact on Fiverr, thereby landing Fiverr a 20% cut of each order. In other words, any attempt to communicate outside of the platform is a threat against the platform. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

my old account was banned for a trivial reason of sharing an email with my seller for urgent communication needs. 

Although in your opinion it might be trivial, that doesn't really matter tbh. You're using a platform and you're bound to abide by their rules. 

Just now, shaunf119 said:

There is a difference between "having two accounts", and "using multiple accounts to buy or sell services on Fiverr"

I believe there's no difference. Yes one of your accounts was permanently banned and therefore impossible for you to use, but as I stated above you still have 2 accounts. 

22 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

Please try to read my posts correctly, thank you. 

I think you have a certain idea in mind where you've been wronged, and you're looking for some sort of validation. Therefore our opinions highlighting why Fiverr has handled this correctly can be misunderstood as not reading your post correctly.

I think it's best you contact CS to have them clarify things, even when they've already done so and they'll probably tell you (again) the things we're repeating here too. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4

Just now, sabinespoems said:

I think you have a certain idea in mind where you've been wronged, and you're looking for some sort of validation.

To me, it seems like an attempt to circumvent a suspension based on the wording Fiverr used. It's like saying to an officer that he can't arrest you for a DUI because you weren't drunk, you were high on pills, even though both are technically considered "driving under influence". 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

On 7/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, smashradio said:

To me, it seems like an attempt to circumvent a suspension based on the wording Fiverr used. It's like saying to an officer that he can't arrest you for a DUI because you weren't drunk, you were high on pills, even though both are technically considered "driving under influence". 

You are WRONG, and i did get clarification from the support team. If you need to understand the REAL reason, perhaps you can contact them yourself. I do believe part of the Fiverr policy is unclear and flawed in many ways.....

• Like 6
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, shaunf119 said:

You are WRONG, and i did get clarification from the support team. If you need to understand the REAL reason, perhaps you can contact them yourself. I do believe part of the Fiverr policy is unclear and flawed in many ways.....

I only said that's what it seems like to me. If you believe the Fiverr policy is unclear and flawed, I can't really help you, since we're not the one making the policies.

To be honest, it's rather clear why you got suspended, based on your explanation. The wording in the explanation you got could have been more specific, but the fact of the matter is that you can't make another account if you get suspended. If you do, that in and of itself violates the terms and because of that, the new account will also get suspended. 

If you think the reason for your suspension was something else entirely – and you got a clarification from support – I would think this matter is resolved for you now? If not, what outcome, if any, do you expect/want?

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, shaunf119 said:

I would like to respectfully and professionally request that the tone of this conversation be taken down a notch, so as to not offend any casual readers. CAPS are considered "yelling" in Internet parlance, and I sense a bit of "knee jerk contradiction" as prohibited in this nifty "Pocket guide a Random Selection of Some of the Forum Rules." - abridged version 2022

image.png.97e361f5d0680758c54366c8e8dc242c.png

Note: This message has been scanned so as to be compliant with all forum rules of conduct, expressly ensuring that it does not contain name-calling or ad hominem attacks, does not respond to a post’s tone instead of its actual content, or contain a knee-jerk contradiction, or a response that could be interpreted as offensive. Instead, this post has been verified to provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation, with respect, professionalism and wit, along with a soupçon of joie de vivre, unless that's been banned as well. 

The events depicted in this post are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

• Fiverr reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
  • Violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
  • Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Fiverr.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.
  • Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
    The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

• The above is from the Help Centre.

• We are just buyers and sellers on the forum. You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

• Like 7
  • Up 5

On 7/3/2022 at 4:41 AM, shaunf119 said:

Hows your remaining account now?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

Guest freelancerjabir
32 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

I guess it will be better if you go to the fiverr support about this problem, Hope they will fix that : )