Source of message?

katherinekieva

I just got an email that a Fiverr client messaged me with a "urgent" job they want my services for. I clicked on the "View and Reply" button and it took me to the supposed message, and I put in an offer. Here's the thing: the message doesn't show up in my "Messages" page. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Kathy

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, katherinekieva said:

I just got an email that a Fiverr client messaged me with a "urgent" job they want my services for. I clicked on the "View and Reply" button and it took me to the supposed message, and I put in an offer. Here's the thing: the message doesn't show up in my "Messages" page. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Kathy

Have you checked your spam folder?

image.png.0eb1ed8b628db6c6202d45e62b0391c4.png

Have you also ensured that the e-mail was in fact from Fiverr and not a phishing attempt to steal your account information? You should never click links in e-mails like that, unless you really trust the sender and know it's real. If you're ever asked to log in to your account after clicking such a link, don't do it! 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Looks like an official Fiverr-forwarded message. The user's account is brand-new, though (Jun 2022), so either they sent this message too quickly to too many Sellers and got it marked as Spam (in which case, yes, it would be in your Fiverr-platform spam section, not email-platform spam) or it is, indeed, actual spam.

The message itself... I wouldn't immediately write it off as spam, though it's pretty clear they're trying for a 'shotgun' approach. Which... it isn't a giving me a good impression. I certainly wouldn't want to work for a Buyer who's 'throwing spaghetti at the wall'.

If they're indeed a brand new Buyer who just plain doesn't know how Fiverr works, I can cut some slack, but gut-impression? Yeah, spam.

Conclusion: Approach with caution, trust your instincts.

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 6

I responded with questions regarding the scope of the project, and they came back with "tell me about yourself" and "would you work for us full time or part time?" The email is no longer visible in my spam folder and there's a message that the sender can no longer be contacted, so enough said. Thanks, everyone, for your input!

• Like 6