How to deliver the source file to a buyer?

kalmoulani

Question

Hello!

Happy to be part of Fiverr community 🙂

I have a PowerPoint presentation gig and I am wondering, what is the proper way to submit my work to my clients? (That is in terms of following Fiverr's rules and also protecting myself from scams).

• Is it right to deliver my work in both PDF and PPT format from the beginning? By doing that, I will expose myself allowing the client to potentially "pretend" they don't like my work and just run away with my files. 

or

• Do I submit a PDF version, and after they approve my work, I deliver to them the editable PowerPoint file through the inbox? 

Looking forward to know what is everyones' experience with this situation!

• Like 10

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, kalmoulani said:

Is it right to deliver my work in both PDF and PPT format from the beginning? By doing that, I will expose myself allowing the client to potentially "pretend" they don't like my work and just run away with my files. 

This is the right way. 
That’s why if you have source file included in your gig you will see two buttons to upload your delivery and one of them is “source files”. 

Buyer can’t just take your files and run away. There might be problems and they might request a cancellation but you don’t have to agree for cancellation, simple as that, and if you delivered everything as promised in your gig then fiverr support will back you up. 

1 hour ago, kalmoulani said:

I submit a PDF version, and after they approve my work, I deliver to them the editable PowerPoint file through the inbox? 

This might get you in trouble and you might even get a warning for delivering an incomplete order. 

• Like 8

Buyer can’t just take your files and run away. There might be problems and they might request a cancellation but you don’t have to agree for cancellation, simple as that, and if you delivered everything as promised in your gig then fiverr support will back you up. 

This is comforting to know Maria.

So ideally when I submit my delivery, I could add my PDF (with watermark) on delivery button and the other original PPT file along with clean PDF in the source files. Is that the right way to do it? 

Thank you for the guidance 🙂 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

This is the right way. 
That’s why if you have source file included in your gig you will see two buttons to upload your delivery and one of them is “source files”. 

This might get you in trouble and you might even get a warning for delivering an incomplete order. 

This is comforting to know Maria.

So ideally when I submit my delivery, I could add my PDF (with watermark) on delivery button and the other original PPT file along with clean PDF in the source files. Is that the right way to do it? 

Thank you for the guidance 🙂 

(sorry if I replied twice, I am not sure if what I wrote earlier was considered a reply to you lol) 

• Like 8