Zero responses from potential sellers

esoxkid06

Hello all, 

I have had serious issues getting someone to do graphic design work. Over the course of a month I have contacted around 15 to 20 sellers, as I want to talk about the project before placing an order, and only one response. 

As a former seller I don't get it, I always made it a point to respond as soon as possible, why isn't anyone responding? 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, esoxkid06 said:

Hello all, 

I have had serious issues getting someone to do graphic design work. Over the course of a month I have contacted around 15 to 20 sellers, as I want to talk about the project before placing an order, and only one response. 

As a former seller I don't get it, I always made it a point to respond as soon as possible, why isn't anyone responding? 

Have you filtered out sellers so you only see Top Rated/Pro sellers in search? That might help you find some better sellers. 

Even so, sending out 15 - 20 requests in inbox without receiving more than one response? It almost sounds like your message could be raising some red flags with sellers (making them think it's a scam) or that you give off the impression of being a difficult buyer. 

I wouldn't know, since I haven't read the initial communication you've been sending out nor do I know anything about your project. 

It could also be that a word in your message triggers some filtering, or perhaps you've sent out the same message to a bunch of sellers in a short amount of time? This could trigger the spam filter. 

But this sounds very unusual. I almost always get a response (even though it might not be the one I'm looking for). 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 12

@smashradio you raise a great point about the message being misinterpreted by the sellers.

@esoxkid06Try re-phrasing your message or running it by a trusted seller to make sure it seems like a legitimate request. You don't want anyone to mark it as SPAM. Can you post it here so we can all give you feedback?

I am like you...I respond to EVERY message even if I am not sure. Some buyers are new or there is a language or cultural difference so you have to allow for those nuances. Thanks for bringing your challenge here to the forum!!

• Like 11

19 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

@smashradio you raise a great point about the message being misinterpreted by the sellers.

@esoxkid06Try re-phrasing your message or running it by a trusted seller to make sure it seems like a legitimate request. You don't want anyone to mark it as SPAM. Can you post it here so we can all give you feedback?

I am like you...I respond to EVERY message even if I am not sure. Some buyers are new or there is a language or cultural difference so you have to allow for those nuances. Thanks for bringing your challenge here to the forum!!

Yeah I often get messages of the kind where I just hit my auto reply called "Spammer Response". It basically thanks them for contacting me, lists my gigs, explains that they can reach out if they want to book me, and links to the forum with a note about adhering to the terms on Fiverr by not spamming other sellers with requests for work". 

It's gotten to the point where the word "sir" or "bro" will be an instant "Spammer response". 

If they are stupid enough to ask for work after that, I hit "Report". 

My tolerance for stupidity is gone with the wind. 

I'm not saying the OPs message would quality for this treatment, but since so many sellers seem to ignore the message, it might be a misinterpretation going on. 

• Like 10

I noticed that some messages get automatically marked as SPAM by Fiverr and I don't even see them unless I open the SPAM folder (most messages only have "hi" or "hello" in them though). If a buyer sends the same message to different people in a short amount of time, chances are that Fiverr automatically marks it as a potential SPAM and some sellers may not respond because of that.

• Like 6

Typically, any seller who has been online in the past 1-3 days will generally respond to a message in...1-3 days. However, if someone is "last seen" 2 weeks ago or more...you may have to wait a while for any reply.

It depends on your intro message. If you send a long paragraph or a mini essay, it may be too overwhelming or daunting for the seller to process. Also, be sure to have a clear question or clear call to action.

Try to keep any messages 3 sentences or less and see if that helps. Granted, project details can easily go for paragraphs, but for back and forth communication, most scenarios can be boiled down to 3 sentences or less, I think.

• Like 8