Phone verification says there is something wrong with my number when I type it in.

qubemotion

I recently have a problem with phone number, I'm putting one of my old UK numbers but fiverr says something is wrong and won't let me verify my account however when I put my deactivated number it accepts and sends the code!

Why is that and how can I solve that?

did anyone else had this issue?

Edited by qubemotion
  • Like 2

Just now, qubemotion said:

will ask support for sure, this number worked fine on Upwork and PPH just don't know why this happened on fiverr, thanks anyway

Although yes I did read some posts before on others having problems with phone verification, I'm just not sure how they got it sorted. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I wanted to create a gig to sell my art but it just wouldn't let me verify my number. I tried two different ones and it still had the same message: "theres something wrong with this number". Please help me I've been trying for days on end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Strange and odd enough... when asked to add my phone number it won't let me. it give me an error sign that there's "something wrong with it' but nothing else is explain further into exactly why. I am using a window 10 Chrome website Fiverr online. I use my top number keyboard to provide my phone number, I don't have a keyboard pad. this is ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been trying to verify my number for my first gig and each time I type it in it says there is something  wrong with my number and I don’t know why cause my number is the right one and I typed it in right and I’ve trying to wait for 3 days trying to keep trying and trying my best to get it to work after waiting for 24 hours but I don’t know how to verify it.

This is going to sound weird, but: Did you use a keypad to type it in?

There was a bug that the only workaround for was to use the keys above the letter keys on the keyboards. It was ridiculous, but many users said that typing it with those keys, instead of the 10-key, worked.

(Granted, it's an older bug, so your case might be something completely different.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I tried adding a "1" in front of my number. I tried a different number. I turned off my spam call app. I did not use my number on a different account cuz this is my first fiverr account. I tried copying and pasting it on the desktop version of the site on my phone. I got the tax reform verified. I deleted and remade a new gig.

Still nothing.

What. To, Freakin. DO??????????

I have prior experience with commssion work on twitter years ago, but had to quit Twitter a few years ago and start all over with Fiverr. Ive been trying to publish my first gig, but fiverr can't verify my number and start a gig because of a glitch. It's been this way for 3 days. Please check my first post for a more thourough expalnatoin. what should I do??

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, monkekong said:

Ive been trying to publish my first gig, but fiverr can't verify my number

We, here on the forums cannnot do anything to help you verify your account. We are not Customer Support.

7 minutes ago, monkekong said:

Please check my first post for a more thourough expalnatoin.

Like I said, we cannot help you with this. You will have to work this out with CS.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:00 PM, jonbaas said:

We, here on the forums cannnot do anything to help you verify your account. We are not Customer Support.

Like I said, we cannot help you with this. You will have to work this out with CS.

I've been looking for some kind of 1 on 1 Fiverr customer support, no luck. not even a number to call. is there not a number you can call for help?

18 minutes ago, monkekong said:

I've been looking for some kind of 1 on 1 Fiverr customer support, no luck.

The ticket system is the only way to contact CS. You can find it under the "Help & Support" link at the bottom of this forum page.

19 minutes ago, monkekong said:

not even a number to call. is there not a number you can call for help?

There is not. Please see my previous comment.

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

I recommend contacting customer support for further assistance with this issue. They might be able to guide you further on what might be wrong with your input. 

You can create a ticket here: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/

I hope this helps! 🙂

it ws hard to find customer support at first, but i found it! I'll update with the solution in case another newbie doesn't have to go through what I did.