How to rank my gig?

theratypist

How to rank my gig enthusiasts would find this feature nifty I guess. I hope they realize though that regardless of what keyword you use, you still need to make an overall good offer and have the skills to actually get a sale.

Anywaaaay, I know this is still in beta but I'm shocked at some keywords having an odd position. (Sorry this sentence is edited haha congrats to those who saw the original sentence).....🧐 

EDIT: I removed the picture and my initial statement because it was a throwaway tip that I don't think would have been put to good use or would have been understood properly. Thank you for the insight dearest @newsmike 🤓😂

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 2

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

I wasn't scolding, just thinking about paying for intel, and then handing it out for free.  😀

Haha oh no! I didn't take it that way, I just realized of all the keywords I had to use -- it had to be the one coming from a category people usually make gigs out of nowhere from. But to be honest, I was actually just fascinated that even how saturated that category is, that keyword was labelled what it was. I should have used something from the lifestyle section 😂

Also how this thread could be a mess 24 hours from now had that image stayed. Haha.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 2

TheraTypest: *creates topic with title that attracts users who parrot and don't read.
Imagination7413: *gets to report off-topic posts of users who parrot and don't read.
Users-who-don't-read: SEO! BTW, how I mek sel?
Imagination7413: *gets to report more off-topic posts of users who parrot and don't read.
Imagination7413: Am I hired for forum staff yet?

---

On-topic: I'll admit, I'm curious what image I missed. Exclusivity, though, so I guess if I want to know, I'll just have to put more consideration into requesting to join Seller+.

• Like 6

I am thinking about writing a post about how to properly use this new feature as it may not be as intuitive at first.

I had to have some things explained to me by the team who made this, as some terms are not super-clear.

But then again not a lot of people have this feature since the seller plus subscription is not available to everyone.

What do you guys think?

• Like 5
  • Up 2

How does keyword even generated btw. For example my top keyword is "nft art" which I don't think I have ever put that keyword anywhere. 🤔 

In other hand it may increases the competition by folds now. Only truly skilled seller may benefit from this, if they knew how to use it. I'd love to have @frank_d  's post on this. 🙂

Edited by gongor32
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I am thinking about writing a post about how to properly use this new feature as it may not be as intuitive at first.

I had to have some things explained to me by the team who made this, as some terms are not super-clear.

But then again not a lot of people have this feature since the seller plus subscription is not available to everyone.

What do you guys think?

I think the team should spend some more time polishing the feature and make a proper video explaining it. 

It will end up on the forum at some point. I was thinking of making a post about it myself, explaining how to use it. But then I decided that some things are best kept away from the "general public". 

But I realize that it won't stay off the forum forever, so if someone is making a post about it, it should be you. You know what I want? A forum reserved for Fiverr Plus sellers! We didn't get our dream of having our own top rated forum fulfilled. But a separate and secret section reserved for Seller Plus? That might add some value to the Seller Plus, and give us a place to freely discuss everything we learn without pushing it to sellers who can't or won't pay for the service. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

It's explained a bit here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/6533842204177-Keyword-research?segment=seller
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/6523401252881-Top-Keywords?segment=seller

51 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

How does keyword even generated btw. For example my top keyword is "nft art" which I don't think I have ever put that keyword anywhere.

Maybe they searched for "nft art" but if you don't have "nft" in your gig maybe it could have found it based on just the "art" keyword part of that search (though I'd assume it would show the gigs that had "nft art" in them higher for that search). Edit: Though I just tried that and it didn't show your gig. Maybe it could be a bug or they might need to explain it better.

Also in general it could take synonyms into account (eg. if I search for 1 keyword it gives results that contain a synonym of it rather than just the actual word).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6