What do clients prefer? Do they prefer to hire an individual freelancer or a team/Studio/Agency?

madetodesign12

I starting working on Fiverr, but I'm a little confused about the username, i have a whole team Graphic designers, web designers, Digital Marketers who are working for me for years. I am professional graphic designer (Illustrator) and I want to offer all these services on fiverr. Should i put my own name on the account or should i name it by my agency's name which is ADigitalWorld (Example) and my Name is Abdullah.

• Like 5

This is a good question and something I used to think about as well. I considered agencies to be skillfully better than individuals because they have a collection of skilled professionals. So, it's like talent tenfold :). However, I realized that the theory is not true. And I'm sure there are some sellers who call themselves agencies, but they really work alone. I guess it sounds better to be in an agency. 

You could use your own name then mention in your gig description that you are the head of your agency. But honestly, I don't think most buyers care. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madetodesign12 said:

I starting working on Fiverr, but I'm a little confused about the username, i have a whole team Graphic designers, web designers, Digital Marketers who are working for me for years. I am professional graphic designer (Illustrator) and I want to offer all these services on fiverr. Should i put my own name on the account or should i name it by my agency's name which is ADigitalWorld (Example) and my Name is Abdullah.

It depends.

If your entire team will be working on projects, it would more accurately reflect what you offer if you use the company name.

On the other hand, using an agency name could be in violation of the terms on Fiverr, since it may be interpreted as you trying to market an off-Fiverr-company. So there is a risk with using your real world company name. 

Personally, I think most Fiverr buyers are looking for freelancers, not agencies, due to the nature of the platform. It's marketed as a place to hire freelance talent. Even so, a lot of agencies are on Fiverr and are thriving, so I could be mistaken. I haven't seen any data to support that conclusion, so it's just my thoughts on the matter. 

I guess you just have to go with your gut feeling. And if in doubt about the terms, I would reach out to Fiverr Support first, just to make sure you're all on the up-and-up. 🙂 

Best of luck!

• Like 5

Honestly, it totally depends on individual client's choice but I am definitely going to second @smashradiothat MOST of the people come here to look for single freelancer and they prefer it. But this week, I got a client who wanted the same service which I was providing but after initial communication, he selected someone else and later told me that he selected the just because they were a team and would complete his task earlier. 

So go for what makes more sense to you.
All the best

• Like 3