Can I put a brand on my video gig preview ?

psykkopatte

Question

Hi forum,

long time no see, I have learnt 3D and would like to sell 3D services, I'm making an ad video, but I have modeled and textured a drink can with the redbull brand, I have read in TOS that we get a warning if we steal the work and copy an actual brand, but does it apply for a video preview for a gig ?
If yes, what if I blur the brand in video editing software ?

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 6

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, imagination7413 said:

Could you re-render it with a different skin? (Like, parody the name: 'Redcow' or 'BlueBull' or just 'Generic Energy')

I was thinking about it too but I already sent it on the renderfarm, arf  😩
Is it fine if I blur it or it's still not enough ? In the worst case what do I get, gig removal ? A warning ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, psykkopatte said:

I already sent it on the renderfarm

I'll admit, I don't know what this means.

Does the program you use not permit recording a new video recording with a different skin?

1 minute ago, psykkopatte said:

Is it fine if I blur it or it's still not enough ? In the worst case what do I get, gig removal ? A warning ?

No clue. This might be a question to take to CS.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I'll admit, I don't know what this means.

Does the program you use not permit recording a new video recording with a different skin?

No clue. This might be a question to take to CS.

Yes, i should maybe bother CS, i'm just afraid that it's a common question that can be found in searching ^^
In fact, I could re edit the texture on photoshop, import it again in my software, everything is setup so it just replaces it, but it will take another entire day to render 30 seconds of video, i'm quite lazy to do this, then bluring it was more simple and fast

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 4