How would you handle such situation?

rabia_sabir

Hi @rabia_sabir,

Anyone who sees that review will see a very happy customer as well as a nice Live Gallery image. So I think your response of, "Thank you so much" was appropriate.

Who knows what the customer was thinking. It could have been an accident (I've had one buyer accidentally give me less than 5 stars) or maybe she wasn't happy, but couldn't bring herself to say so.

All we know is the buyer left you a good review (even though the stars show only 2 stars). And a good review is a good thing for you. Potential buyers will see that and will be satisfied with how you handled it.

I wouldn't reach out to the customer because it could be seen as trying to manipulate the review.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @rabia_sabir,

Anyone who sees that review will see a very happy customer as well as a nice Live Gallery image. So I think your response of, "Thank you so much" was appropriate.

Who knows what the customer was thinking. It could have been an accident (I've had one buyer accidentally give me less than 5 stars) or maybe she wasn't happy, but couldn't bring herself to say so.

All we know is the buyer left you a good review (even though the stars show only 2 stars). And a good review is a good thing for you. Potential buyers will see that and will be satisfied with how you handled it.

I wouldn't reach out to the customer because it could be seen as trying to manipulate the review.

You're right, but this single thing dropped my ranking from #1 to totally disaapearing which caused me a big loss. This is a business, so profit & loss is a part of it, but if it's just someone's mistake then it hurts. But I'd have to live with it and work hard, so let it be

Thanks for your input 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you could contact the buyer, ask if it was intentional because 2 star and what they wrote dont really add up. If it isnt, you might reccomend them to go to resolution center and contact fiverr support. They might be able to solve it.

But if it is intentional, you should be really careful about what do you say and how do you say it. They might missunderstand you, thinking you are begging or being mean for a good rating and this time you would face the resolution center. That wouldnt be ideal.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

If it isnt, you might reccomend them to go to resolution center and contact fiverr support. They might be able to solve it.

Regardless of what she says, if she goes to customer support asking for a review deletion or anything like that, she receives a warning. I had a customer go behind my back and he asked for his review to be removed because he thought he was too harsh with me, he gave me 3.3 stars. I never told him to do this, nor did I ask for a review change. But he went to CS and as soon as the review was removed, I received a warning, even if I did nothing. So, just move on and leave it, otherwise you can end up with an account warning, which is way worse.

• Like 10
  • Up 4

I think the public review doesn't matter as much as the private review. So your ranking was dropped because of that.

If I were a client of yours and saw this negative review, I'd probably look at other reviews. Really can't judge someone because of one review.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Regardless of what she says, if she goes to customer support asking for a review deletion or anything like that, she receives a warning. I had a customer go behind my back and he asked for his review to be removed because he thought he was too harsh with me, he gave me 3.3 stars. I never told him to do this, nor did I ask for a review change. But he went to CS and as soon as the review was removed, I received a warning, even if I did nothing. So, just move on and leave it, otherwise you can end up with an account warning, which is way worse.

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

That would be risky. Sellers have received warnings from Fiverr for asking buyers about their reviews.

Yup. Thats why i was sayingthey might missunderstand. Its a bad situation to be in.

• Like 7