What are these less competitive Keywords? Where do I find them?

menuralakvitha

Many sellers who use Fiverr and successful sellers on Fiverr say that it can rank our gig on the first page if we use less competitive keywords.

Is this really true?
As someone who is looking to create a logo design gig, how do find less competitive keywords?

Please explain this to me. Thank You.🙂

Edited by menuralakvitha
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

I have added 3 pictures for you.

Picture 1 : When you search for logo design you will get 183991 services.

Picture 2 : When you type logo design Fiverr will suggest you some keywords so I search for restaurant logo design and you can see it has only 11286 services It is less than previous one.

Picture 3 : Now if I search for dynamic sports logo design you can see it has only 641 services and that category has demand because we know every sports team need logo. In this keyword you can rank your gig easily. This is call less competitive keywords.

You need to research more , Look at other gigs take a keyword from them and search it and in this process you can find out less competitive keywords. 

logo_design.png

logo_design_2.png

logo_design_3.png

Edited by alifshah01
added more info
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

So you can search within the logo subcategory for the keywords you're thinking of using and see the number of results. But I'd also check the number of reviews on the gigs (and the review scores) and if there's very few you could also try and get an idea when the gig was created to see how many reviews they might be getting per month.

eg. you could probably get on the first page for "dinosaur logo" as there's only about 31 of them, but they are getting only a few reviews (so probably not many orders) so that probably wouldn't be very profitable.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, uk1000 said:

eg. you could probably get on the first page for "dinosaur logo" as there's only about 31 of them, but they are getting only a few reviews (so probably not many orders) so that probably wouldn't be very profitable.

1) Do you mean to use  less competitive keywords that get a lot of orders per month?

2) If I increase the word logo design in many places in my gig , how much will it affect me to rank on the first page?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Edited by menuralakvitha
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, menuralakvitha said:

1) Do you mean to use  less competitive keywords that get a lot of orders per month?

Yes, if you are going to use gig title keywords that have less competition from other sellers then using ones that on average get a lot of orders per month (and where they're not just buying from a low percentage of those gigs) would be better than using ones where people don't buy very often (so it's better to use title keywords where you know there's enough demand for those subjects from buyers).

But maybe there'd need to be enough gigs with a particular keyword for 1) you to be able to get a good idea if there's enough demand for it on average 2) to avoid being accused of copying gigs.

1 hour ago, menuralakvitha said:

2) If I increase the word logo design in many places in my gig , how much will it affect me to rank on the first page?

I think it does help to have a particular relevant word in both the gig title and the description (maybe other places too) so that Fiverr knows it's relevant to the gig. I can't be sure though. But Fiverr limits the number of times a word can be used in the description (maybe to about 5).

Though see this about what Fiverr said in a Fiverr Rumours webinar:

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

On 6/23/2022 at 2:07 AM, menuralakvitha said:

Is this really true?

No, that is a completely silly idea. That's like saying that Starbucks should not use "coffee" as an SEO term because it is highly competitive.  In order to be found, you need the words that zero in on what you sell. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

This is a hard one, as competitive keywords are the ones that most people are using - so while they are saturated, they are indeed the best. A double edged sword. Really what you need to do is figure out your niche and use the keywords related to that, then apply those keywords to all areas of your Fiverr profile, bio, description, FAQ etc.. However, you will need to maintain a keyword density of over 1-2% (1-2 keywords per 100 words) so you are not penalised by the algorithm.

• Like 4