It's official, all my gigs are suspended and the fault is in the Stars System

anarchofighter

To make it even worse, it was someone “leaving feedback” from an order 9 months AGO when this abomination wasn’t even around.

It’s bad enough that “Fiverr” wants to give buyers …MONTHS to leave feedback, (we can’t have months to deliver) but worse that they’re exposing all the unreviewed gigs to this horrible system.

I was offering a person a refund on a gig who gave me a 4 star rating because I know that prospects will see 4 stars as a major defect.

Add to that the rating makes NO sense.

"Would I refer this seller to others"is as much about the person. Some people are mavens. Some are not. There’s going to be a whole horde of people for whom that will also be a 1-star option regardless of the brilliance of the seller.

So much power in the hands of buyers. And stupid incomplete buggy features are given to sellers.

@anarchofighter This is really bad to see you have suspended your gigs. You are one of the pioneer member of this site. I am afraid many more including me are thinking to do the same. With this scenario eventually fiverr is/will-be loosing very good amount of money every minute.

I saw every freelancing site ditch their sellers after they got success! I witness such downfall for most leading freelancing sites just because they wanted the money and want to give more power and feature to buyers. Because they think buyers are the main reason they are getting money which is wrong perspective.

Fiverr implemented so called “Advanced Rating System” in a hurry and did not even thought about the outcome of different possibilities. Even a dumb developer can think of many possibilities when he implement new feature to a site.

@anarchofighter

This comes as quite a blow. So sorry to see you take this action. You have been a cornerstone of the Fiverr Community and I knew I’d found a like minded, kindred spirit when we began chatting on Fiverr.

As both a Top Rated Seller with a 100% rating, and a 50+ year Seller of Goods and Services in the brick and mortar world, I AM BAFFLED as to how this “Advanced Rating System” became front and center for deployment.

The Conspiracy Theorist in me wonders if the Advanced Rating System is a methodology to purge Fiverr, to initiate a global cleansing of the Seller community.

I have made a post to the petition page here,

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/156284#Comment_156284

and have not decided if retreat or withdrawal is the course of action for me.

I will in the coming days be very cautious when accepting work through the Fiverr platform.

Well, you might be SHOCKED TO DEATH if you see what happened to us

30,000+ designs completed on around 19,000+ orders and ONLY 14 negative comments…STILL WE LOST EVERYTHING FOR NO REASON…

LOST TOP RATED STATUS…TO LEVEL 2 AND THEN…LEVEL ZERO

LOST THE EXPRESS STATUS

LOST THE GIG EXTRAS

LOST THE SEARCH LISTINGS

Well, we believe that they want us to leave Fiverr to give chance to new comers, may be…but it was sleepless nights that took us to this position… feeling like I was wasting my life for the last 2 years compromising my health, eyes, backache…

Reply to @voiceoverwork:

Let me explain, I pulled the gigs because I got a message in the “Green” alerts saying “So and so left negative feedback” …guess what? It wasn’t negative.

Then I got a message saying another user left positive feedback…guess what? It was a buyer from nearly a YEAR AGO (long before this abomination was offered) and they got the star rating. What do you suppose happened. I have a 4.33 star ranking.

I’m grateful it was that high this much longer than the order.

I couldn’t DELIVER on an order after/over 9 months, but people can give feedback on it.

Now, here’s the deal. I don’t consider a 4-star review to be “positive”.

In the long term it’s going to confuse new buyers on fiverr who haven’t yet seen those words they force on clickers like “Exceptional” or even “Satisfactory” (3 stars)

So, I don’t at this MOMENT have time to deal with it. I TRUST it will get fixed. Then I’ll sell again. In the meantime, I’m not going anywhere, mate.

Reply to @anarchofighter: You just got done criticizing me in another thread and told me “What I will say is this. The fact that you feel so strongly so quickly is part of the problem with the star review system!” I guess you suspending your gigs so quickly merits applause but me speaking out strongly against the star system is wrong. Ok! Thanks for your encouragement and support. Good luck.

Earnings are going down and they’ll continue to do so slowly for all of us. Indeed it is affecting a lot. Forced search is too much and it hardly helps. Gigs are slowed down. As sellers are already finding it hard to change their ratings accidently, and now this star based rating. If anyone is 100% dependent on fiverr, it is time to branch out. You never know what is going to knock down. Just like google, things change here as well which affects earnings.

The new design has replaced a lot of sidebar space with search feature. Remember order page has sidebar links to revenues and analytics, it is replaced with search bar. now you can access those links from sales tab but not from order page. same with the search on top of the to-do list. lot of things are replaced with search bar, eventually forcing users to use it.

Guest celticmoon

@ryuken Maybe it’s the platform you’re using. I haven’t lost any sidebar links to a search box, and the search boxes are where they’ve always been: one on top dashboard to search the Fiverr site, one in the sidebar to search my own pages, such as for emails or sales. Also, my sales haven’t changed since the introduction of the stars rating system (not that I like it, though!)

Guest celticmoon

Yes, if by “order page” you mean my “sales” page. If you mean a specific order page, then no, but I never had sidebar links on each order page, just a search box for my own activities, not the whole Fiverr site; a search box for the whole site always sits on my top dashboard. And all communications between the buyers and me, including all review comments if the order has been delivered/completed, show up on the order page.

Maybe you’re having a technical problem. You might want to discuss with CS, but they’ll probably give the usual mantra: clear your history & cookies, use Chrome or Mozilla browser, use most updated, newest browser.

I am on fiverr since many years and there used to be sidebar in the individual order page, now we don’t have it. I guess you didn’t paid attention in between the changes. My review after thumbs up doesn’t show up immediately instead I get message “thanks for reviewing”. and the review only appears on gig page, like it is supposed to but not on order page. I don’t think it is technical issue, it is more of change that I am noticing and I guess being old user, I must be beta test labrat. lol

Reply to @ryuken: Just refresh the page after you have posted your feedback and it should appear on the order page as well.

As for the stars system, it looks like it isn’t fully implemented. I am still leaving feedback with the thumbs up/down system, same applies for my buyers.

The THUMBS UP and THUMBS DONE differentiated Fiverr from other Freelancing sites.

Why Fiverr must you buy in to what the “rest of the world is doing” and not be different? If I start seeing bad ratings on my end from users who are lazy to rate, I might pull away from Fiverr possibly.

• 3 weeks later...

What fiverr should understand is that the Gig economy is completely different from freelance sites (e.g. oDesk etc.)

Thumbs up and down were the point of attraction here for both buyers and sellers. If fiverr is looking to transform into a fullfledged freelance site similar to oDesk or freelancer.com then I think most of us will find it’s not working for us. We’ll look for alternatives.

I do websites for as low as $25. My budget is limited and I can pretty much do a good looking design with it. But I can’t afford to hire a graphic designers and tons of stock images. I had a buyer rating me 3.5 and comparing his site with mashable. Common what was the budget of mashable?

Day by day I’m really finding it frustrating. I’m seriously looking for alternatives. I’m not feeling home anymore. I don’t want to work as a underpaid freelancer who would get belt for nothing by a senseless buyer. 😦

Archived