How to do buyers request in the old fashioned way, getting a list of offers?

porma9

Question

Hi

Fiverr recently overhauled how they do buyers requests. I really got used to the old way of getting a list of sellers and sifting through them myself. Is there any way to still replicate that, from the seller POV? I like seeking them out and filtering through all the different ones who are interested and reaching out if they seemed good to me.

• Like 18

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, porma9 said:

You input a brief and sellers DM your inbox if they are interested. There is no way to view a list of interested sellers, like before. I only know if someone is interested if I get a message randomly.

Hi @porma9! Long time no see! 😊

It looks like you might be filling out a buyer's brief (not a buyer's request). Can you double check to see what you are actually filling out?

A buyer's request should look like this:

1789384858_BuyersRequest.png.aa8ad4a2b02855c5624b31f8ecadf3c9.png

Edited by vickieito
I've actually never filled out a brief before, so I'd be curious to see how you are able to do that (if you are filling out briefs). I can't find it!
  • Like 11

BRIEF:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415608857745-Brief--Match-Finding-you-sellers?segment=buyer

vs

BUYER REQUEST:

Still can't find what you need? 

Use a Buyer Request to post a request detailing the service you require. Sellers may respond with their offers to you.

Well, the latter only in theory, as Fiverr seems to have linked that incorrectly; that link from this passage in the Buyer Help Center leads to an article in the Seller Help Center, explaining to sellers in the seller+ program how briefs work, for some reason.

If you read the whole page from which I took this passage, there's even a Fiverr mail you can contact if you can't find the service you're looking for with either of the described methods (browsing/searching and directly contacting a seller, using "Get a Quote", Briefs, BR): https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049955673-Find-a-service-and-get-a-quote?segment=buyer
Edited by miiila
  • Like 11

You input a brief and sellers DM your inbox if they are interested. There is no way to view a list of interested sellers, like before. I only know if someone is interested if I get a message randomly.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @porma9! Long time no see! 😊

It looks like you might be filling out a buyer's brief (not a buyer's request). Can you double check to see what you are actually filling out?

A buyer's request should look like this:

1789384858_BuyersRequest.png.aa8ad4a2b02855c5624b31f8ecadf3c9.png

Basically, the briefs are a new feature. Yes, I get that when I click on Post a Request. I tried it just now. I will handle it for now, lol shrug. Be safe, and I am glad you are well. (I tried tagging your username, but it didn't work so I quoted your entire post.)

• Like 10

Thanks for the info @miiila! However, I can't seem to find the buyer's brief (I only see 'Post a request'). I've never seen the 'Create a Brief' button that they show in the Help Center. Does anyone see the "Create a Brief" option on their screen? (note: the "Create a Brief" image is from the Help Center; I only see "Post a request)

image.png.ca0f7826d52ec6c0dd33a772fd0961e9.png

• Like 6