I am asked pay some amount in order to get the gig. Is it normal?

12 hours ago, rajibrrakhmit said:

Yes, It's normal. Buyer should accept your custom offer before you start working.

You're telling the seller that they need to pay a buyer? "Yes, it's normal". 

@parishapatel, no, you are a seller so you don't give anyone money so they will buy your gig!

• Like 11
  • Up 3

It's a scam attempt. Also, do not contact anyone off-Fiverr if they ask you to, be it on Telegram, WhatsApp, or anywhere else. Any communication and payment (from buyer to seller, not the other way around, obviously) needs to happen on Fiverr. If you communicate off-Fiverr, chances are good that you'll not just be scammed but also will lose your account.

Please do yourself a favour and read both Fiverr's ToS and the Seller Help Center articles ASAP, so you'll know how things should work here and can protect yourself better from scam attempts and warnings or even a ban.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

@parishapatel372You said you're a new freelancer, so I take it you're a seller and not a buyer, if that's the case then you're about to be scamed coz sellers are not supposed to pay anyone to get a gig. You can report that account to fiverr and also do not try to directly get in contact with them off fiverr, not only does it go against the Terms of Service, bit you'll be putting yourself in harm's way.

I hope this helps.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, parishapatel372 said:

hi, 

I am a first time freelancer and i posted a gig about typing work and I was contacted by someone and was asked to pay some amount first in order to get the gig. Is it normal or not?

No, its not normal. I think that person was fraud. You are a seller, you will charge buyer to do a job. You can report that person to Fiverr.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, piashbarmon said:

thanks you very much for important informaiton

I am puzzled about your seemingly irrelevant comment? 🤔
The OP had a buyer attempt to scam them. How is that "valuable information? Are you merely commenting to earn Fiverr Forum badges? 🤔

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, parishapatel372 said:

hi, 

I am a first time freelancer and i posted a gig about typing work and I was contacted by someone and was asked to pay some amount first in order to get the gig. Is it normal or not?

NO! That is NOT normal. You do not pay anything as a seller...ever! Are you saying you are a seller?

• Like 7

On 6/21/2022 at 1:11 AM, talk2francis said:

You can report that account to fiverr and also do not try to directly get in contact with them off fiverr, not only does it go against the Terms of Service, bit you'll be putting yourself in harm's way.

@talk2francis Yes this is correct. If you are a seller and you are being pressured or asked to pay to get the order, you need to report this to Customer Service.  https://www.fiverr.com/support/seller

Trust your good instincts!

• Like 6