Newbie here with a basic question

hussainjammu

Question

So, I started my Fiverr journey a month back. I got 4 orders in the first few weeks and then no order at all despite showing 100% rating in each. Also, I am expert at what I do and in dealing with customers. But then suddenly all the orders disappeared! No order in 2 weeks now despite my gig ranking on 1st page and getting 700-800 impressions a week. 
A friend of mine reported the exact same issue. What could be the possible reason? Thank you all, in advance, for your opinion.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, hussainjammu said:

Also, I am expert at what I do and in dealing with customers

And who isn't? Almost every new account on Fiverr will claim they are an expert. This is not to say you are not an expert, its just that saying you are an expert can only do so much.

Congrats on getting orders within the first few weeks! Some people never get a sale..

11 minutes ago, hussainjammu said:

But then suddenly all the orders disappeared! No order in 2 weeks now despite my gig ranking on 1st page and getting 700-800 impressions a week. 

Now, "ranking" on first page is very subjective. Not everyone sees the exact same first page as you, it depends on a lot of factors and is more personalized than a fixed ranking.

Perhaps study your competition? There may be others who offer the exact same thing as you but buyers could have chosen to purchase from them instead. Below is what Fiverr officially says about getting your gig ranking better.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

How can I get my Gig ranked higher?

Promoting your gigs on social media, websites, or blogs is a great way to bring more traffic to your gig. The more traffic, the more exposure you will receive in our marketplace. Completing your orders on time and providing exceptional service can also affect your ranking. As long as you are doing well in these areas, your ranking will improve.

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hussainjammu said:

First time heard of this. Thank you for your reply though. Can anything be done in that case? 

While this could happen (aside from public feedback, a buyer is asked for private feedback after an order), I doubt this could be the case for you. But if ever you did receive bad private feedback, you can't do anything about it but continue delivering good work and continue improving. 

It seems though that the buyers were particularly happy with your service in the public feedback and I think you really delivered what they wanted. I really think there must have been just a drop in demand for your services or that people have chosen to go with other sellers.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1