Why there is so less amount of jobs being posted nowadays?

daarcher

I am an Illustrator and had spent more than 5 years working in this platform. But for the past one year or more, I am seeing very less amount

of jobs to apply. What is going wrong with Fiverr? Is it going down or something else, anyone have any sort of idea.....

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, daarcher said:

for the past one year or more, I am seeing very less amount of jobs to apply.

On Fiverr, buyers contact and hire you of their own choosing. That's why there's a marketplace of thousands of gigs. You should not be relying upon the notoriously inconsistent buyers request section for all of your orders. Fiverr was not intended to be an "apply for jobs" website.

19 minutes ago, daarcher said:

What is going wrong with Fiverr? Is it going down or something else

Nothing is wrong with Fiverr. You may not like me saying this, but the problem is you. The problem is that you are not competing well, perhaps not even taking strong productive steps to be better than your competition, and, as a result, you have a lower seller performance level. 

As far as the BR section, you will only see the buyer request that you qualify to see. When your seller performance is low, you might see even fewer BRs. This is why you shouldn't expect the BR section to be your primary source of orders.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:

On Fiverr, buyers contact and hire you of their own choosing. That's why there's a marketplace of thousands of gigs. You should not be relying upon the notoriously inconsistent buyers request section for all of your orders. Fiverr was not intended to be an "apply for jobs" website.

Nothing is wrong with Fiverr. You may not like me saying this, but the problem is you. The problem is that you are not competing well, perhaps not even taking strong productive steps to be better than your competition, and, as a result, you have a lower seller performance level. 

As far as the BR section, you will only see the buyer request that you qualify to see. When your seller performance is low, you might see even fewer BRs. This is why you shouldn't expect the BR section to be your primary source of orders.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and clarifications, really appreciate it a lot 🙂

• Like 6

Keep in mind as well that the freelance market has exploded over the last couple years, so there is much more competition as a seller than there was even 2 years ago. It requires us sellers to be more competitive and active to keep our work coming in. Try changing up your gig some, updating the cover, adding new samples, etc. Make yourself more visible this way and you are likely to recieve more direct orders. I agree that BR's are a secondary way to get orders. First and foremost try to attract buyers with a well built Sellers Profile.

• Like 6
  • Up 1