Why can't I use Fiverr forums to promote my gigs?

bazyar_sanjrani

Question

Hi guys i have been trying to make my first order for the past 3 month now on Fiverr. I have try to promote my gigs on this forums so many times, but what I get is you can't promote your gigs in this Fiverr forum, some will say promote them on social media. but Fiverr stated in their article that you can promote your gigs on social media, blogs, and forums (which i think their forum). so please i want to know why people on this forums are saying i can't promote on this forum?  

• Like 5

6 answers to this question

Think of a collective space, like a forum, as being akin to a shared living room or kitchen. If you had housemates, would you go into the shared living room and start setting up a display of your products or services and start trying to sell to your housemates? It's generally considered bad form to do so - it's disruptive and it creates an uncomfortable environment for everyone involved.

It's the same with forums. If people came to a forum and every second post was someone trying to sell them something, it would quickly become an unusable space. So, while I would believe you are welcome to mention your gig in the context of a helpful answer to someone's question, or as part of a relevant discussion, self-promotion and spamming are not tolerated.

If you're looking for places to promote your gigs, social media is a great place to start - as Fiverr says, you can also promote them on your blog or website if you have one. Good luck!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bazyar_sanjrani said:

is stated by fiverr that we can't promote in their forum or is just the sellers in this forums that makes the rules?

It is stated in the forum rules. You can post your gig link here but only in “my fiverr gigs” category. 

10 hours ago, bazyar_sanjrani said:

but Fiverr stated in their article that you can promote your gigs on social media, blogs, and forums (which i think their forum)

That means that if you have your own page on social media you can post your gig on YOUR OWN social media page, if you have YOUR OWN blog then you can promote it on your own blog. 
Fiverr DOESN’T encourage you spamming your gig links all over social media groups, comments or random forums and blogs, because spamming is against many social medias rules. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ziavash said:

Think of a collective space, like a forum, as being akin to a shared living room or kitchen. If you had housemates, would you go into the shared living room and start setting up a display of your products or services and start trying to sell to your housemates? It's generally considered bad form to do so - it's disruptive and it creates an uncomfortable environment for everyone involved.

It's the same with forums. If people came to a forum and every second post was someone trying to sell them something, it would quickly become an unusable space. So, while I would believe you are welcome to mention your gig in the context of a helpful answer to someone's question, or as part of a relevant discussion, self-promotion and spamming are not tolerated.

If you're looking for places to promote your gigs, social media is a great place to start - as Fiverr says, you can also promote them on your blog or website if you have one. Good luck!

exactly! 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, bazyar_sanjrani said:

why people on this forums are saying i can't promote on this forum?  

You can promote your gigs on this forum, but only in the part that is for promoting gigs; that part is called My Fiverr Gigs. Posting links to your gigs anywhere else on the forum is considered spam.

However, posting your gig links on this forum is unlikely to help. Most forum users who come to the forum don't come here looking for gigs to buy, so they won't be interested in whatever you have to offer.

If you wish to promote your gigs successfully, you'll need to learn about proper marketing, plus you'll need to discover where your target customers are (they're highly unlikely to be on this forum), go wherever they are, and then find a way to connect with them without annoying them.

• Like 2