When a buyer requests additional work after placing the order and he disagrees to pay more for additional work, what options do sellers have ?

lawan21

hi @lawan21, I'll use your gig as a specific example:

As soon as the buyer places an order, confirm with them what they purchased and what they requested.

You: "I see that you ordered 3 renderings for $200" but in your order requirements you requested 5 renderings. The premium package only includes 3 renderings. Each additional rendering is $15. Would you like me to add $30 for the two additional renderings that you requested?"

If the buyer says 'yes,' then add $30 as a gig extra for the two extra renderings and deliver the order with 5 renderings.

If the buyer says 'no,'

• Ask if they are okay with their current order of 3 renderings. Sometimes buyers will accept this option. In that case, you can just deliver the order with 3 renderings.
  • Ask if they would like to proceed with the current order and place an additional order for the extra 2 renderings after they have received the delivery of the first order. Sometimes my buyers will want to see the quality of my work before placing additional orders.
  • Ask if they ordered by mistake not realizing that they only get 3 renderings in the order. If this is the case, the buyer can cancel with "ordered by mistake" and this should not affect your seller stats. Sometimes buyers do order by mistake, or don't realize the full scope of their order.

For difficult buyers, @imagination7413 provided great articles for you to read and follow.

• At the start of the order, if the buyer demands that you give them the extra 2 renderings for free, kindly remind them of your prices and options that you have already suggested and let them know that they can always cancel and find a seller that is better able to meet their budget and requirements. I would reach out to Fiverr CS to help with this cancelation. They might be able to do so without it affecting your seller stats.
  • If the buyer agrees with the current or modified order and then asks for extras or revisions after the delivery, kindly remind them of the fees involved for the additional work and revisions. I think your 5-revision policy is more than generous and should be enough for most customers. However, if your customer keeps asking for more work (and doesn't want to pay for it), be firm and kindly let them know that you've delivered everything that they required and you would be happy to do the additional work at the prices you mentioned.
    • If the buyer threatens to cancel, you can get Fiverr CS involved because they should not be able to cancel if you've delivered what they ordered.
    • If the buyer threatens to leave a negative review, don't let them push you around. Remain calm and professional and if they leave a bad review, you can respond to the review by explaining what happened.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

hi @lawan21, I'll use your gig as a specific example:

As soon as the buyer places an order, confirm with them what they purchased and what they requested.

You: "I see that you ordered 3 renderings for $200" but in your order requirements you requested 5 renderings. The premium package only includes 3 renderings. Each additional rendering is $15. Would you like me to add $30 for the two additional renderings that you requested?"

If the buyer says 'yes,' then add $30 as a gig extra for the two extra renderings and deliver the order with 5 renderings.

If the buyer says 'no,'

• Ask if they are okay with their current order of 3 renderings. Sometimes buyers will accept this option. In that case, you can just deliver the order with 3 renderings.
  • Ask if they would like to proceed with the current order and place an additional order for the extra 2 renderings after they have received the delivery of the first order. Sometimes my buyers will want to see the quality of my work before placing additional orders.
  • Ask if they ordered by mistake not realizing that they only get 3 renderings in the order. If this is the case, the buyer can cancel with "ordered by mistake" and this should not affect your seller stats. Sometimes buyers do order by mistake, or don't realize the full scope of their order.

For difficult buyers, @imagination7413 provided great articles for you to read and follow.

• At the start of the order, if the buyer demands that you give them the extra 2 renderings for free, kindly remind them of your prices and options that you have already suggested and let them know that they can always cancel and find a seller that is better able to meet their budget and requirements. I would reach out to Fiverr CS to help with this cancelation. They might be able to do so without it affecting your seller stats.
  • If the buyer agrees with the current or modified order and then asks for extras or revisions after the delivery, kindly remind them of the fees involved for the additional work and revisions. I think your 5-revision policy is more than generous and should be enough for most customers. However, if your customer keeps asking for more work (and doesn't want to pay for it), be firm and kindly let them know that you've delivered everything that they required and you would be happy to do the additional work at the prices you mentioned.
    • If the buyer threatens to cancel, you can get Fiverr CS involved because they should not be able to cancel if you've delivered what they ordered.
    • If the buyer threatens to leave a negative review, don't let them push you around. Remain calm and professional and if they leave a bad review, you can respond to the review by explaining what happened.

Thanks!!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks....Your reply is smooth !

• Like 6

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

I'll piggy-back on this: 

If a buyer threatens to leave a negative review, that's against the TOS. You can't bully sellers like that. If someone threatens with negative reviews unless you work for free, get in touch with customer support and explain the situation. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 6/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, lawan21 said:

When a buyer requests additional work after placing the order and he disagrees to pay more for additional work, what options do sellers have ?

Have you considered the magical powers of saying...

No.gif

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5