Buyer is demanding extra work without extending offer

sharoonbhatt907

Hi everyone there,

I spent two days working on an order and after I have made the delivery now buyer is demanding so much more of extra work which can not be possible with this offer.
I asked him to let me extend the amount of the offer cos this is too much and not possible but he is like it's just a 5 minutes job you have worked on and not 2-days. I think this buyer is a fraud kinda buyer and he is really gonna leave a big bad review even if I keep delivering until the revisions end.

Is there a way if Fiverr support or anything can help me to explain my case and can do justice.
Feeling really disappointed after doing all the good work.

People are insane these days.

Any suggestions guys??

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Just now, sharoonbhatt907 said:

Is there a way if Fiverr support or anything can help me to explain my case and can do justice.

Nope, fiverr support does not communicate on your behalf. It’s up to you to resolve this kind of issues with your communication. And if you are scared of bad reviews for just standing your ground then business and freelancing might be not your thing. You need to learn how to communicate in this situations but it usually comes with an experience which also means mistakes made. Mistakes like asking client to allow you to extend your offer. No no, you already speak from a position of a victim. 
Wjen that happens you need to have a bulletproof policy for revisions that’s either stated in your gig description or in your FAQs what you count as a revision. Any new extra additional items that were not mentioned in original requirements can already be an extra, however if it’s just changes that you estimate might take longer than you expected then it could count as a revision still. 
You can make an exception also telling your client that as a nice gesture you’ll provide this revision free of charge however all next ones will be at x$. Or you don’t have to agree to doing that extra work at all. Your choice on what you’ll decide, stand your ground or be exploited just in a fear of a bad review 

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 2

12 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nope, fiverr support does not communicate on your behalf. It’s up to you to resolve this kind of issues with your communication. And if you are scared of bad reviews for just standing your ground then business and freelancing might be not your thing. You need to learn how to communicate in this situations but it usually comes with an experience which also means mistakes made. Mistakes like asking client to allow you to extend your offer. No no, you already speak from a position of a victim. 
Wjen that happens you need to have a bulletproof policy for revisions that’s either stated in your gig description or in your FAQs what you count as a revision. Any new extra additional items that were not mentioned in original requirements can already be an extra, however if it’s just changes that you estimate might take longer than you expected then it could count as a revision still. 
You can make an exception also telling your client that as a nice gesture you’ll provide this revision free of charge however all next ones will be at x$. Or you don’t have to agree to doing that extra work at all. Your choice on what you’ll decide, stand your ground or be exploited just in a fear of a bad review 

Thankyou for the detailed wisdom and guidance, truly appreciate this.

Between the sellers thing: I can tell this buyer is greedy and haven't seen a buyer like this in my one year experience her at Fiverr.

I have two choices I think:

1- I can cancel the order and give everything (The work already done) and apologizing that It can't be done and sorry for the misunderstanding. SO I can prevent a bad review.

2- Since I have given the buyer 3 free revisions according to my gig, I can keep delivering the order until revisions end, get paid and get a review and of course the bad one.

What should I do?
I know this isn't right the way I'm thinking but I know for sure this buyer is totally uncool.

Does having bad review of my gig or profile has effects effects. 
Will I ranked very low then and might not get orders for  long time?

• Like 6