So many "competitors".....

ramicanada

Hello,

I'm brand new here on Fivver (I think about  a week or less). Anyway, I put the word "competitors" in quotations because I don't really look at this as a "competition". But I noticed that, for my gig (recording drum tracks), there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of others doing the same thing.

I'm not being pessimistic at all. I'm willing to put in the time and effort and I'm actually excited about joining.

But, my question to those of you who are now successful on Fivver is, when you all first started here, were you a little overwhelmed by the fact that there are so many people offering the same services? It just looks to me like some people seem to have the market locked up and it seems like such a high mountain to climb to be successful here.

Thanx and hope to get to know some of you.

Rami

• Like 10

I typed "drum tracks" in the Fiverr search bar and there are only 345 services available.

20 minutes ago, ramicanada said:

It just looks to me like some people seem to have the market locked up and it seems like such a high mountain to climb to be successful here.

Read this topic: 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

27 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

I typed "drum tracks" in the Fiverr search bar and there are only 345 services available.

Read this topic: 

Someone posted that link in another topic I started yesterday. I will definitely read it. Thanx.😄

Have a nice day. 🙂 (I edited this post because I thought I was talking to the same person who posted it yesterday. My mistake.

I'm trying to respond to lloydsollutions' private message, but I reached my post limit. I can't even send a PM now. Lloyd, the answer is "yes" to your last question.) 🙂

Edited by ramicanada
I was addressing someone who I thought was someone else.
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, teramangala said:

Hello and welcome, nice Alice Cooper Cover on your Gig! 

As the sound is good, At this price you will find customers, plus I think Fiverr tends to highlight the new ones! You will increase your prices little by little.

Hey, I really appreciate that. Thanx a lot.  🙂

Edited by ramicanada
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, ramicanada said:

You already posted that link in another topic I started that had nothing to do with your link. Is this all you do? I posted in the "Casual conversations" section for a reason. Just want to shoot the sh*t with people who might want to share their experience. You know, a "Casual conversation". 😄

Have a nice day. 🙂

I have just found the topic to which you are referring and the link was not posted by me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ramicanada said:

I'm trying to respond to lloydsollutions' private message, but I reached my post limit. I can't even send a PM now. Lloyd, the answer is "yes" to your last question.) 🙂

Thank you for your apology via private message as you have reached your post limit.

Apology accepted. 🙂 

• Like 7

I know you won't be able to respond to this until tomorrow, but thought I'd also share this thread:

1 hour ago, ramicanada said:

were you a little overwhelmed by the fact that there are so many people offering the same services?

Yes. To the point that I don't offer a particular service that I think I would enjoy.

• Like 8

Most new sellers become a little overwhelmed when (or if) they realize that the competition is so tough on Fiverr. 

I think the only way to succeed today is to carve out your own nice. Do you make drum tracks? What type of drum tracks? Is there any particular genre you're especially good at? Something you can specialize in? And do you offer something your competition does not? (Please don't let it be low pricing - haha). 

The thing is, most buyers will use the search bar when looking for a service. If you're specific enough to show up when they search, and you're really good at what you do, you can do much business on Fiverr. 

If you're just offering the same as everyone else... 

You get the idea. Cultivate your best talents into new and creative niches you can utilize to win stellar clients! Ok, that's a lot of buzzwords. I just translated the buzziest CV I've ever seen. 

The dude literally explained his low-level job like he was the CEO of some multinational marketing conglomerate. He probably hired his CV writer on Fiverr 😄 No offence,, @vickieito! 😄

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

Hi Rami, welcome to the forum. 

3 hours ago, ramicanada said:

were you a little overwhelmed by the fact that there are so many people offering the same services?

Actually... no. I completely ignored that bit. Life is too short to worry about other people. I walk alone, I walk alone 🎼 [Green Day]

Don't overthink it; if you're good, and can get it across, you might be just fine, and the mountain might not be as high as you think. 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 2

@imagination7413 is much more strategic than I have been (she looked at the data and decided not to offer certain services). I posted the most generic service possible and then realized it was high competition.

4 hours ago, ramicanada said:

when you all first started here, were you a little overwhelmed by the fact that there are so many people offering the same services? It just looks to me like some people seem to have the market locked up and it seems like such a high mountain to climb to be successful here.

It can be very overwhelming when you see how many sellers offer the same services as you. But also realize, there are also a lot of buyers on Fiverr, too.

3.42 million the last time I Googled it (a few seconds ago 😂).

However, you don't need to woo all 3.42 million buyers. You just need a handful to do well here.

Take @miiila's advice to ignore the number of sellers out there and @smashradio's advice to niche down and stand out in a unique way. Your service isn't exactly like everyone else because you're different. And your buyers will like you for that.

I found that by really listening to my buyers, I've been able to differentiate myself from the pack. All of my gigs are very generic ones, but all of my buyers are uniquely related to educators and entrepreneurs. I've adapted my gigs just for them.

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

I just translated the buzziest CV I've ever seen. The dude literally explained his low-level job like he was the CEO of some multinational marketing conglomerate. He probably hired his CV writer on Fiverr 😄 No offence,, @vickieito! 😄

Haha 😂 ... you'd be surprised how many people actually write those words themselves, @smashradio!

Edited by vickieito
Question on post limits: I noticed I have to get all 5 posts done at the same time. Otherwise, if I post my 5th post 23 hours after my 1st post of the day, I have to wait 24 hrs (skip a full day) before posting again!!! Does that happen to anyone else?!
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, ramicanada said:

HI there 😄

I joined Fiverr over 10 years ago, so luckily for me there were much fewer competitors back then.
Having that said, there were still several hundred other people who were offering the same service as me.
I didn't feel overwhelmed at all though, I think it's because I was thinking "Huh, sure, let's give this a try and see how it goes" and I thought I'd be lucky if I can male $50 a month just so I can get Starbucks. I did of course spend a good amount of time setting up my gig and made sure it looked good and stood out, but since I wasn't trying to make a living off Fiverr or anything, I was overall quite relaxed.

As long as you know what you are doing and know how to reach out to the right people you will get orders in the end.
You read posts about people's Fiverr journeys and making their first 1000 dollars here and when you go check their gig, it's no surprise that they became successful even with all the competition going on.

Good luck! 😄

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I thought I'd be lucky if I can male $50 a month just so I can get Starbucks.

So, in other words, one coffee a month? LOL!

Thanx for the words of encouragement. I'm not really overwhelmed. But it does look like I need to work hard if I want to be successful, just like anything in life.

Thank you. 🙂

Edited by ramicanada
  • Like 5

I can finally post again. Woohoo!

I just want to thank everyone for their posts and welcoming attitude since yesterday.
Especially Lloydsolution, who was only trying to help me, but got side swiped by my confusion and misunderstanding.

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. Rock on! 🙂

• Like 6