Would you suggest using Promoted Gigs feature? Is it profitable for sellers?

blazegoldburst

On 6/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, smashradio said:

If it didn't, what would be the point? 

I've earned roughly 10 times what I invested. So yes. If you do it right and your gigs are any good, it should be profitable. Again: if it wasn't, what would be the point?

Would you suggest going for the Promote with no cap or Promote with customized cap? Which has been more profitable for you?

On 6/17/2022 at 12:56 PM, vickieito said:

From what I can see on this forum, the returns are good, so why not give it a try? If it doesn't work for you, you can always turn it off.  If you never try, you'll never know if it works.😊

I've been fence-sitting on this one and have never turned on Promoted Gigs until today. Within minutes of turning it on, I got my first inquiry. It didn't result in a sale, but I did like how quickly I started getting inquiries. I'll see how it goes over this next month!

Would you suggest going for Promote with no cap or Promote with customized cap for better results?

• Like 46

On 6/18/2022 at 7:42 PM, blazegoldburst said:

Would you suggest going for Promote with no cap or Promote with customized cap for better results?

I have "Promote with no cap" listed as "recommended." So that's what I have it set at. Of course, only time will tell.

You can also learn more about Promoted Gigs from the Help Center:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4405489899153

image.png.83ea4296bf12977bace798a8d695f2c9.png

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 40
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, once I turned it on I did start to get more orders, little by little, but I haven't turned it off to compare, but I've seen my business grow since I started using it, checking the CPC is one of the first things I do every day once I open the website and so far it seems like it is worth it.

• Like 30

It depends on services to services. There is no guaranteed success on promoted gig. But it can be good chance to reach new buyers. 

I have a gig in Photo Editing and I got decent results on some months and some months do not get similar results. It depends on various category. 

Thanks 

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

I will suggest you to not use this promoted gig feature, because you will lose your organic gigs positions on Fiverr search result. If you use once, then you have to continue with promoted gig features to get good number of orders. I am facing this issue from last 1.5 years, during this time I hardly get any organic order from Fiver search results.

• Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, vickieito said:

So far in my first week using Promoted Gigs, I have gotten a 5x return on investment. So far so good!

Hey, how's your experience so far with the promoted gigs.?

Are you still using it and how much is the difference?

• Like 18

On 6/18/2022 at 1:42 PM, blazegoldburst said:

Hi,

I'm the Product Manager of Promoted Gigs at Fiverr.

Our recommendation is to Promote with no cap, as it allows us to keep you as competitive as possible. In any case, you will pay up to $3 per click, not more. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, design_geniee said:

Although if someone has his gig on the first page, will it be good for him to use the promoted gig?

If you had more options to get more orders, would you take it? When I use promoted gigs, I still get orders through Fiverr's Choice, organic traffic, returning buyers, and referrals.

Also, I usually turn my Promoted Gigs off when I have an influx of orders and turn it back on when things slow down. That's the best thing about Promoted Gigs, you can turn it off and on based on need.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

From my experience promoting gigs bring more valuable clients and its very profitable. You can even earn 20X by promoting your gigs. It will work really well:

- If your gig is attractive

-You have potential to deliver great quality and your client get a sense when they visit your profile

Edited by ashik_arifa
  • Like 15

I think it absolutely can make a big difference. I think the key thing to remember is while it can increase your exposure, your gig still needs to be alluring. If material is outdated, poor reviews, undesirable turnaround times, etc. are attached to the gig, no amount of promotions will auto-click that "order now" button. 

• Like 15