People are selling service very cheap price that it is difficult for experienced seller to get Order.

alifshah01

I saw many people selling Web Application service at $5  in Programming and Tech category. It is really difficult to learn JavaScript how could someone selling it at $5 . An experienced person can't sell web application in just $5. It makes problem when buyer see that someone is selling it at lower rate then he/she could hire them but if the seller can't able to complete the task the buyer will disappointed and leave Fiverr that Fiverr has fulfill with unqualified seller. 

On the other hand there are experienced seller who has high skills but new in Fiverr they know the actual price of the service but as the price is high so many buyer don't hire them. Recently Fiverr set minimum price at WordPress category but I think they should set minimum price for all category so the experienced seller get the actual value for their work.

IT is all about my thought you can share your opinion at this point. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, alifshah01 said:

An experienced person can't sell web application in just $5.

Then don’t sell it for 5$. 
There are thousands of sellers offering logo design at 5$ but it doesn’t hurt my business any single bit even if I charge up to 800$ for my services. 
It’s all about how you communicate value for your services to your clients. If your portfolio looks like 5$ then of course buyers will not pay more for it. 
There are market share for every price point the question is if you can communicate higher value and justify why you are charging more. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 2

So.... you're complaining that your competitors offer their services for a lower price than you do? 

You have been a seller on Fiverr since 2019, however, in that time, you have no seller reviews, and you haven't delivered any work in two years. Perhaps the problem is not what other sellers are pricing their services at, but rather, the quality and appeal of the services YOU offer. 

If you want orders, research and learn to understand your target customers. Then find creative ways to convince those target customers to hire you, and not your thousands of competitors (no matter how they choose to price their services). 

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alifshah01 said:

Yep. So you have nothing to worry about, right? Anyone needing an experienced person will go to you and pay the right price, because if they want to pay just $5 they will get bad results, something that doesn't work, and end up having to go to you anyway, right?

• Like 14

7 hours ago, alifshah01 said:

I saw many people selling Web Application service at $5  in Programming and Tech category. It is really difficult to learn JavaScript how could someone selling it at $5 . An experienced person can't sell web application in just $5. It makes problem when buyer see that someone is selling it at lower rate then he/she could hire them but if the seller can't able to complete the task the buyer will disappointed and leave Fiverr that Fiverr has fulfill with unqualified seller. 

On the other hand there are experienced seller who has high skills but new in Fiverr they know the actual price of the service but as the price is high so many buyer don't hire them. Recently Fiverr set minimum price at WordPress category but I think they should set minimum price for all category so the experienced seller get the actual value for their work.

I charge 3 times as much as the cheapest seller in my niche. Yet I have the best-selling gig in that niche. Why? Because anyone looking for quality will not buy a gig for five bucks. If they do, they are senseless. 

The people who tend to buy those crap five dollar gigs aren't clients you should want to work with anyway. They rarely know what they need, are difficult to work with and they don't care about their own project. If they did, they wouldn't have bought that five dollar gig to begin with. 

If you think it's difficult getting business due to those sellers, you should look at your own gigs: how can you make them stand apart from the others? How can you make it appear to be of much higher quality? What should you invest in, to improve things like thumbnails, gig videos, gig description and/or services? How can you market yourself as a premium service and sell in your value proposition right away, to make buyers understand that your gig is not a cheap, low-quality gig? 

It's all about the impression you want to make. If your gig stands out as being of high-quality, the right buyers will come, and you can leave the cheapskates for the five dollar sellers. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

Well, this is free market, anyone can buy or sell anything for any price.

The same occurs to me, I have a 3D modelling and animation gig, learning how to model and animate in 3D is realy hard, and I receive offers from some buyers (most of them from Nigeria) to do it for $10-$30 for a complete project. And when I say to them my real price $100-$200 most of them asks me to do the job before placing order. I just say "no" to these "buyers".

I saw some gigs selling 3D animations for low prices too, I know that someday those that are selling for low price will bankrupt or they will raise prices some days. It is impossible to survive doing 3D and selling for low prices.

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, alifshah01 said:

I would say, charge what you think is fair for your service and state in the description what your experience and knowledge level is and assure that they will get an expert service for the price they pay with you. 

Unfortunately though, whatever you do, there'll always be people who are underselling their work. 

Edited by hannxm
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, christiandam20 said:

Some persons offer peanuts for premium services and therefore make good animators not to receive orders.

That's not why "good animators" don't have orders. The "good animators" that you referred to, don't have orders because they don't know how to compete in a marketplace of similar services. There are thousands of brand brainstormer people here on Fiverr that sell "I will name your stuff" services for $5, yet, I offer brand development services, myself, and my $180 package is extremely popular. Why? Because I understand my market, I know who my target customers are, and I have positioned myself as the person my target customers need to hire. 

Those $5 sellers aren't hurting you in any way. What's hurting you is that you do not understand your market. 

• Like 7
  • Up 5

21 hours ago, alifshah01 said:

I never find these issues in my field of service the service I sell for $260 there are many sellers who sell that service for $5 and it is not like I am not getting the orders the people who come to my gig are likely to be professional and supportive. the cons of $5 gigs are you will get a lot of cheap buyers where they demand service of $200 in their $5 price, also $5 get many random orders too which 80-90 leads to cancelation or either get low reviews by the buyer

• Like 6
  • Up 2

21 hours ago, jonbaas said:

You have been a seller on Fiverr since 2019, however, in that time, you have no seller reviews

I was busy to complete my graduation. I open the account in 2019 and deliver only 1 order with in two days then I realize I can't make enough time for Fiverr. After completing my graduation I publish my gig again in 7th May 2022. Now I can make enough time for my freelancing career. 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 2

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

I charge 3 times as much as the cheapest seller in my niche. Yet I have the best-selling gig in that niche. Why? Because anyone looking for quality will not buy a gig for five bucks. If they do, they are senseless. 

The people who tend to buy those crap five dollar gigs aren't clients you should want to work with anyway. They rarely know what they need, are difficult to work with and they don't care about their own project. If they did, they wouldn't have bought that five dollar gig to begin with. 

If you think it's difficult getting business due to those sellers, you should look at your own gigs: how can you make them stand apart from the others? How can you make it appear to be of much higher quality? What should you invest in, to improve things like thumbnails, gig videos, gig description and/or services? How can you market yourself as a premium service and sell in your value proposition right away, to make buyers understand that your gig is not a cheap, low-quality gig? 

It's all about the impression you want to make. If your gig stands out as being of high-quality, the right buyers will come, and you can leave the cheapskates for the five dollar sellers.

Thank you so much for your opinion and advise. 

• Like 5

On 6/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, alifshah01 said:

If you want to sell something for US$5, think about what you can sell for US$5, either continually, or for a limited time.

If you don't want to, let others do what they want, and focus on gaining realistic clients who'd agree with you that experienced people can't sell web applications for $5. They are out there. 

• Like 6

My competitors in a legal niche (terms and conditions, privacy policy, and cookies policy) charge around 25-50$ for one product while my charges are 230$ for that product and I still get regular works while they always complain for not having clients. Why so? Because:

1. I never cheat my clients with copy paste or generic products 

2. My communication skills are topnotch 

3. My product is tailored to their needs. 

Follow these three steps and you wouldn't complain about your competitors. 

(P.S, I charge this on another platform. However, my charges for such services on fiverr as well are considered higher than average).

• Like 6

On 6/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, christiandam20 said:

I'm a 2D animator and this issue has been here on Fiverr for too long. Some persons offer peanuts for premium services and therefore make good animators not to receive orders.

And what would be their purposes? If not to receive orders, what is their goals?

• Like 5

I fix WordPress websites after they have been hacked. There are hundreds of sellers that charge less than half my price, and I know they can't do the same level work. I totally understand what you are saying. How would the customer know? And many customers come to Fiverr because it is the cheap place to find help. So you worry that customers buy from the cheapest, even when you are better. Well, sometimes that's true, but don't let it frustrate you. 

Trust me when I tell you that you don't want the cheapest customers. They often don't leave tips. They often make unreasonable demands. ... It's just not worth it. 

I still get a lot of gigs and I often get gigs after someone went to a cheap seller and it didn't work out. The customer gives the cheap seller 5 stars anyway and then comes to me to do it the right way. It's not a perfect system for buyers or sellers. I still sell gigs.

My advice is just set your price to what is fair for your actual time, and then focus on changing your ads until you find a good ad that compels customers to use your service. 

Don't worry about other sellers. Just do great work at a fair price and deliver more than you promise every time. 

Best of luck to you. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, drglenn said:

My advice is just set your price to what is fair for your actual time, and then focus on changing your ads until you find a good ad that compels customers to use your service. 

Don't worry about other sellers. Just do great work at a fair price and deliver more than you promise every time. 

Best of luck to you. 

Thank you so much for your opinion and advise. I will try to follow them. 

• Like 5