Iam leva two; but still single!

rabihumakhan

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Because posting is a privilege, it can be taken away if not used wisely. I have gained a better appreciation for the 5 posts that I have and intend on using them more wisely. I do want to earn the right to post more because it is wonderful interacting with others on this forum. 😊

Vickie, I'm glad all that turn of events is settled now! Haha. By the way, for me you totally deserve to have more than 5 posts a day at this point. You contribute a lot of good things to the forum. I was wondering when that limit gets removed! You're basically 12/14 now on the f0rum L3v3lz scale. Maybe its the number of months as a forum member? Anyway @mjensen415, I hope Vickie gets more posts a day soon! 

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

I think this overlooks one important point: posting on the forum is a privilege, not a right. I would be in favor of only allowing new forum users the ability to react to content for a period of time. They would learn how to use the "thanks" and "congratulations" buttons and how to follow people who know what they're doing. Then, they could earn the right to post.

I like the idea of limiting reactions because sometimes I wake up to 100+ likes from the same person that just decided to like all forum topics including the old ones from years ago. 

However I was really against of post limits precisely because of this situations. There are also new buyers who come here with a problem for once off seeking help and they are limited to only 5 posts too and that’s quite often is not enough to help them to solve their problem fast. 
It was done to deal with spammers but spammers still spam like for example one lady that keeps opening same 5 topics every couple of days and nothing has been done with that. 
I’m not for post limiting, I’m for more active rule enforcement. And I even got a warning for voicing that. Will I get another one for this post? 

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4

8 hours ago, miiila said:

I was wondering if it might not be possible, and a good idea to restrict users to posting in 5 topics per day instead of to 5 posts? @frank_d, maybe something to discuss with the forum shepherds? If it's technically possible, that is, but this forum software seems so "mighty" that it might be 

I did a bit of digging, because Vickieito mentioned something similar in another thread.

18 hours ago, vickieito said:

Edited 2 hours ago by vickieito
Question on post limits: I noticed I have to get all 5 posts done at the same time. Otherwise, if I post my 5th post 23 hours after my 1st post of the day, I have to wait 24 hrs (skip a full day) before posting again!!! Does that happen to anyone else?!

Firstly before I go into what I found, I'm pretty sure (though not positive) that the posting limit is determined by reputation, not level. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/member-functions/reputation-and-reactions-r171/
vs
https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/member-functions/achievements-ranks-r362/

(The page on 'reputation' looks to have more tied-permissions than the badges.)

I did, however, see something in the 'Leaderboard' section, that makes me suspect it's based on the 'day' cycle set for the forums. No clue when that is, but at a guess, GMT 0000.

---

Back to Miiila's question:

When I tried to specifically look into posting limits, I found this:

image.png.f59c45f11ecf8382fafd79e48c51da49.png

Source: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/465352-post-limit-per-day/ (3rd post.)

So: Posting limits applies to "any and all content on your community".

(And yes, I remember your gripe about the News Category.)

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I was really against of post limits precisely because of this situations. There are also new buyers who come here with a problem for once off seeking help and they are limited to only 5 posts too and that’s quite often is not enough to help them to solve their problem fast. 

I remember, yes. https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/261334-spam-trust-levels-and-topic-clean-up/?do=findComment&comment=1620015 and https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/261334-spam-trust-levels-and-topic-clean-up/?do=findComment&comment=1638782

I had a similar opinion. (Can't find it now.)

---

What's really sad is the new forum was supposed to offer more tools and customizations.

I can't find proof on this one, so it's possible I'm misremembering. Though, it's possible all the tools and customizations are all on the staff-end. From what I've read of the Invision guides and pages, there are indeed a LOT of fine-tune options for community managing. If it was all back-end stuff, then it's still sad that it's not being noticeably used in a proactive way.

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

makes me suspect it's based on the 'day' cycle ... at a guess, GMT 0000.

You're right @imagination7413! It is after GMT 0000 and I can post again! 

I did a bit of digging, because Vickieito mentioned something similar in another thread.

Thanks @imagination7413 for all your research! I've been reading through your links. It looks like you, @miiila, and @mariashtelle1 are talking about forum issues that are much older than myself and this thread. You all bring up good points. It'll be interesting to see what @frank_d says.

Posting limits applies to "any and all content on your community".

My 5 posts includes any private messages. Right now it looks like I can do 5 posts/PMs + 1 status update each day). But like I said, to avoid being in the position that I found myself in, I'll try limit my posts to 2-3 per day.

4 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

By the way, I'm sorry you and vickieito had to go through this.

I see @newsmike, @lloydsolutions, & @mariashtelle1 calling people out and it doesn't seem to affect how they're posting. So I do believe @frank_d and @newsmike had every reason to call me out. Otherwise, I probably would still go about my business not really thinking about how my actions affect the forum as a whole. I needed to be told straight. 

11 hours ago, theratypist said:

Vickie, I'm glad all that turn of events is settled now! Haha. By the way, for me you totally deserve to have more than 5 posts a day at this point. You contribute a lot of good things to the forum.

Thanks, you're too kind! I'm limiting my postings for now and hope I can eventually start posting more. I still have questions based on the comments that I saw in this post. I'm moving forward very cautiously right now.

@imagination7413, can I reach out to you in a PM? I really appreciate your feedback and wanted a little more insight on some of the things that you mentioned. Let me know if that's okay!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, vickieito said:

@imagination7413, can I reach out to you in a PM? I really appreciate your feedback and wanted a little more insight on some of the things that you mentioned. Let me know if that's okay!

That's fine by me, thank you for asking. I'm fully aware my post was more of a rambling mess of notes than a report paper. I'm not sure how much insight I can offer, but I'm willing to try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2