I [justifiably] cancelled a milestone on a seller who has left a negative review - What to do?

isaweb

Question

Hi, 

I am a pretty active buyer on fiverr outsourcing content, and have recently had one of the very few bad experiences i've come across.

I purchased a gig as a test, and was thrilled at the quality of the delivery, left a super positive review, and got into conversation with the seller and we agreed a package with several milestones.

The first milestone was delivered on time, and again the content was excellent and fit for use.

The second milestone, things turned a little - Rather than documents being delivered, I received a link to a googlesheet, which in turn had links to googledocs for each of the articles. To none of which I had access. The content was plainly not ready to meet the milestone deadline, and I am now guessing the google sheet delivery is one way to circumnavigate poor delivery times.

Anyway, when i finally received the content 7 days beyond deadline, it was nothing like the standard of the previous ones. I let it slide in hope that the next milestone everything would return to where we were.

The third milestone, was worse still. once again, the circumnavigation of the deadline was by going back to the same googlesheet for links to the documents which arrived a few days late, and only 3 of the 4 pieces were complete and provided access for.

And then, the content - Wow!!, I have used AI Content writing tools for assitance extensively for a very long time and know AI content when i see it, and I was looking at 3 pieces of in excess of 1000 words each of complete gibberish, nonsensical trash that had not been edited at all.

I refused delivery and begun communication with the seller suggesting that perhaps he had used Ai to write the content and not edited it, to which he guaranteed he had written it all himself and that i should leave notes on the google docs as to where mistakes were made and incorrect facts claimed and stated.

I explained this was not possible, because without exception, the entire content was the same, and would be require to be entirely rewritten.

he once again asked me to point out each every part that required attention - I refused because there was no sense in highlighting every single sentance across in excess of 3500 words.

He then apologized and said that he had got a friend to write it for him because he didnt have time - At this point, I opened dispute and requested cancellation of the milestone which he accepted.

I have now been left a negative review by this seller, which seems crazy but not unexpected - Now, I don't much care for the review, I am a buyer, Im not sure anyone really looks at buyer reviews as much as a seller review would be considered, but it seems crazy that a victim of bad service can be left negative reviews, and i was wondering if these can actually be removed?

• Like 5
  • Up 1

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, isaweb said:

Hi, 

I am a pretty active buyer on fiverr outsourcing content, and have recently had one of the very few bad experiences i've come across.

I purchased a gig as a test, and was thrilled at the quality of the delivery, left a super positive review, and got into conversation with the seller and we agreed a package with several milestones.

The first milestone was delivered on time, and again the content was excellent and fit for use.

The second milestone, things turned a little - Rather than documents being delivered, I received a link to a googlesheet, which in turn had links to googledocs for each of the articles. To none of which I had access. The content was plainly not ready to meet the milestone deadline, and I am now guessing the google sheet delivery is one way to circumnavigate poor delivery times.

Anyway, when i finally received the content 7 days beyond deadline, it was nothing like the standard of the previous ones. I let it slide in hope that the next milestone everything would return to where we were.

The third milestone, was worse still. once again, the circumnavigation of the deadline was by going back to the same googlesheet for links to the documents which arrived a few days late, and only 3 of the 4 pieces were complete and provided access for.

And then, the content - Wow!!, I have used AI Content writing tools for assitance extensively for a very long time and know AI content when i see it, and I was looking at 3 pieces of in excess of 1000 words each of complete gibberish, nonsensical trash that had not been edited at all.

I refused delivery and begun communication with the seller suggesting that perhaps he had used Ai to write the content and not edited it, to which he guaranteed he had written it all himself and that i should leave notes on the google docs as to where mistakes were made and incorrect facts claimed and stated.

I explained this was not possible, because without exception, the entire content was the same, and would be require to be entirely rewritten.

he once again asked me to point out each every part that required attention - I refused because there was no sense in highlighting every single sentance across in excess of 3500 words.

He then apologized and said that he had got a friend to write it for him because he didnt have time - At this point, I opened dispute and requested cancellation of the milestone which he accepted.

I have now been left a negative review by this seller, which seems crazy but not unexpected - Now, I don't much care for the review, I am a buyer, Im not sure anyone really looks at buyer reviews as much as a seller review would be considered, but it seems crazy that a victim of bad service can be left negative reviews, and i was wondering if these can actually be removed?

Hmm Interesting scenario here so what I think is that any left review cannot be changed but if you have a great justification that you are right like 700% then you can contact customer support and report your issues. (I am not an expert btw)

• Like 3

Since the seller admitted that they did not do the work, you might have a case. I'd contact Fiverr support about this. They'll probably respond automatically with the usual 'can't remove feedback' thing, but I'd push the issue... very gently and professionally, of course. Send a screen shot of the seller admitting they did not do the work themselves, as I'm sure that was what the gig description indicated.

• Like 1

The seller you hired has writing skills that isn't up to par. I can see just by reading his profile and gig page, he's not a proficient or fluent writer. He has misspelled words and incorrect use of punctuation.

I don't know many native writers of English would put, "It would be my pleasure to serve you." In their gig description.

I wouldn't have even bother to contact him or make a test order. I've ordered many articles and also been duped a few times too.

Are you sure the good articles you received aren't plagiarized ones from another web site? Do a search.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kenzahmed said:

Hmm Interesting scenario here so what I think is that any left review cannot be changed but if you have a great justification that you are right like 700% then you can contact customer support and report your issues. (I am not an expert btw)

I agree, contact CS, they will review the case and probably remove the feedback.

• Like 1