SCAMMED and now I can't get my refund

joshuachrist746

I ordered code for an electronic engineering project I was working on and upon receiving the results they were literally COPIED straight from Chegg and were completely wrong. The answer had none of the specification I had stated and was delivered after hours of requesting an update and to see proof of progress with no response. This is not a case of the result not matching my personal taste or him misunderstanding my requirements. Beforehand I read his description which stated he could code the language I required and let him see the project before accepting . His rating is 5 stars with 4 previous projects and yet he still blatantly scammed me. He stole the work off another site despite it being completely wrong submitted it as an answer to my assignment.

I have yet to receive any assistance or response from customer support on the issue despite the using every available means. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, joshuachrist746 said:

I have yet to receive any assistance or response from customer support on the issue despite the using every available means. 

If you opened a ticket via the ticket system, you should at least have got an auto-response email that tells you that a ticket number soandso was created, and the average current response time. If you haven't, maybe check your spam folder.

Once a ticket has been created, you can also check its status via "My support tickets" or so 

It's advisable to not open additional tickets for the same issue, but to keep replying to the one ticket, if you want to add anything.

Hope you'll get your issue solved soon.

Apart from that, for next time, while I'm all for giving new sellers a chance (just four reviews is new in my book), if it's either something crucial, or really time-sensitive, I'd go with a more experienced seller. If it's a high-budget, too, or if you want to go with a newish seller, I'd first do a small project before committing to a bigger one.

• Like 8
  • Up 4

8 hours ago, joshuachrist746 said:

His rating is 5 stars with 4 previous projects

This is why you should go for levelled sellers when ordering anything important on Fiverr. I usually start with the Top Rated Sellers, and if I can't find the right candidate, I'll move on to level 2 and level 1 sellers with at least 100 reviews. 

I'll make sure to actually read some of the reviews, so see what the feedback is. If there are any negative reviews, I'll check to see how that seller handled the feedback. 

I'll also make sure they have perfect grammar in their profile description and gig descriptions. 

Those are just some tips to help your buying experience on Fiverr be smoother in the future. 

Regarding your issue, I see that you already have been advised about it. Whatever you do, do not accept the delivery. Request a revision. Customer support can take a day or two to get back to you. 

If you can document that the seller has in fact stolen the code and delivered sub-par services, they should be able to cancel the order for you and refund the money to your Fiverr Credits. You can then reach out to a better seller to solve your problem. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, joshuachrist746 said:

His rating is 5 stars with 4 previous projects and yet he still blatantly scammed me. He stole the work off another site despite it being completely wrong submitted it as an answer to my assignment.

I just hope that when you wrote to Customer Support, you did not use the wording 'an answer to my assignment'. 

That sounds too much like academic work and we all know what happens then... 🙂

• Like 4
  • Up 1