Fiverr gigs (all of them) are deranked for more than 3 months.

bilal671

Question

Hi Everybody,
I am a top rated seller and I have been working on Fiverr for more than 2 years. I do know about gigs rotation and it happened to me 3 times before. The gigs got back on track after around 45 days without doing anything (social media shares, orders, buyer requests etc). But this time, it's been more than 3 months that my gigs are deranked. I can't even see them on last pages like before. Furthermore, I cannot withdraw funds instantly even after getting 5 star review from the client. I have to wait for 7 days to get the funds cleared. This is something new to me. During the gig derank period I got many orders from previous clients and got 5 star reviews but still the gigs does not show in search results. Does it (gigs derank with funds clearing issue) happened to anybody here?
Please share you experience here or guide me on how to fix this.
Thank you

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 4.13.58 pm.png

• Like 22
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

12 answers to this question

14 hours ago, bilal671 said:

I do know about gigs rotation and it happened to me 3 times before.

Algorithm changed a lot since then. 
Having your gigs unqualified for promotion is a very strong hint that your performance dropped and doesn’t fulfil certain metrics. And you know, if you have worse performance then your gigs are also not “ranked”. 
yes yes, I know, all 5 stars reviews, however there are a lot of hidden metrics that you don’t see including hidden reviews which can be very different from what clients left on public review. 

Read this 👇 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Algorithm changed a lot since then. 
Having your gigs unqualified for promotion is a very strong hint that your performance dropped and doesn’t fulfil certain metrics. And you know, if you have worse performance then your gigs are also not “ranked”. 
yes yes, I know, all 5 stars reviews, however there are a lot of hidden metrics that you don’t see including hidden reviews which can be very different from what clients left on public review. 

Read this 👇 

Thank you so much for useful information. I really appreciate it.

Edited by bilal671
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, bilal671 said:

Hi Everybody,
I am a top rated seller and I have been working on Fiverr for more than 2 years. I do know about gigs rotation and it happened to me 3 times before. The gigs got back on track after around 45 days without doing anything (social media shares, orders, buyer requests etc). But this time, it's been more than 3 months that my gigs are deranked. I can't even see them on last pages like before. Furthermore, I cannot withdraw funds instantly even after getting 5 star review from the client. I have to wait for 7 days to get the funds cleared. This is something new to me. During the gig derank period I got many orders from previous clients and got 5 star reviews but still the gigs does not show in search results. Does it (gigs derank with funds clearing issue) happened to anybody here?
Thank you

Please when did you manage to get your ranking back after 3 months? I'm currently facing the same problem.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, bilal671 said:

Hi Everybody,
Thank you

@bilal671 This is happening to me too, since last 6 months promotion is off. Did you get it back? How is it going now a days?
Thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, m_asad123 said:

Hello bilal671!

I'm a new seller sorry i really don't know how or when your issue will solve. But I really did have a question. You're using promoted gig options? and is that fare and giving you still benefits? using promotion please let me know thanks 

It's a great opportunity, and you'll definitely benefit from it. If your gig's ranking has dropped, it's not due to the promoted gig feature, but rather because of negative private reviews from clients. When you receive too many negative reviews, your gigs can de-rank, and you may also lose the promoted gig feature.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

"Deranking" refers to a situation where a gig's visibility drops on Fiverr's search results, which can result in fewer inquiries and orders. There are several reasons why a Fiverr gig might experience deranking:

Algorithm Changes: Fiverr uses a complex algorithm to rank gigs in its search results. Algorithm updates can impact how gigs are ranked. If your gig's performance or details are not aligned with the current algorithm's criteria, your gig's visibility might decrease.

Low Performance: If your gig consistently receives negative reviews, cancellations, or poor customer feedback, Fiverr's algorithm might interpret it as low-quality service. This can result in deranking.

Inactivity: If you haven't had orders or updates on your gig for a while, Fiverr might interpret it as a lack of activity or relevance, leading to deranking.

Keyword Optimization: Gigs with well-optimized titles, descriptions, and relevant keywords tend to rank higher. If your gig lacks proper keyword optimization, it might not appear in relevant search results.

Competition: If your gig is in a highly competitive category, there's a chance that newer or better-performing gigs could outperform yours, leading to deranking.

Price and Quality: If your gig offers services at extremely low prices but fails to deliver quality, Fiverr's algorithm might negatively rank your gig due to a high number of cancellations or dissatisfied customers.

Frequent Changes: Constantly changing your gig's title, description, tags, and images might confuse Fiverr's algorithm, causing it to derank your gig temporarily until it understands the changes.

Violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service: If your gig or any communication associated with it violates Fiverr's terms of service, it can lead to gig suspension or deranking.

Seasonal Fluctuations: Some gigs might experience variations in demand due to seasonal changes, which can impact their ranking.

Conversion Rate: Fiverr values gigs with high conversion rates, meaning gigs that receive a lot of inquiries and turn those inquiries into orders. If your gig has a low conversion rate, it might be deranked.

To improve and maintain your gig's ranking on Fiverr, consider the following steps:

Provide high-quality services and exceptional customer experiences to receive positive reviews.
Regularly update your gig with fresh content and accurate information.
Optimize your gig's title, description, and tags with relevant keywords.
Offer competitive pricing without compromising on quality.
Stay active and engaged on the platform by responding promptly to inquiries and orders.
Seek to improve your gig's conversion rate by providing clear and compelling descriptions.
Comply with Fiverr's terms of service and guidelines.
If you notice your gig is deranked, review the possible reasons mentioned above and take appropriate action to address any issues. Consistency, quality, and adaptability are key factors in maintaining a strong gig ranking on Fiverr.

• Like 7