My sales decreased

nodari1991

Hi everyone, I'm with a question 🙂

few months ago, when my gig price was 20-25$, I had very good sales, lots of customers, but then I had raised my gig price up to 100$ in "3D product animation" category, and my sales gone.

I need some advices, what gig price is the most attractive for customers?

Thanks all an wish you all success. 

p.s. her eis my gig link https://www.fiverr.com/nodari1991/cinema-4d-motion-graphics

check it out ant tell me your opinions 

• Like 2

Hi there @nodari1991 and welcome to the forum.

You raised your pricing by a factor of 4x. 

The way Fiverr handles your "ranking" is a very complex and delicate equation that tries to assign value to your offering by doing a lot of math in the background.

So the system deemed your performance OK for your price of $25. But then you raised your price by a factor of 4x.

I don't see anything in your demo video or deliverables that dictates a price increase of 4x.

Which makes me assume that your buyer satisfaction rate did not go up, or stay the same.

Which means that unless the system is convinced buyers will still value your offering at 4x the price, you will experience a lull in sales.

The only way to possibly counter this would be to raise your price in smaller increaments AND at the same time demonstrate that the increased rate is due to an increase in performance/output.

• Like 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hi there @nodari1991 and welcome to the forum.

You raised your pricing by a factor of 4x. 

The way Fiverr handles your "ranking" is a very complex and delicate equation that tries to assing value to your offering by doing a lot of math in the background.

So the system deemed your performance OK for your price of $25. But then you raised your price by a factor of 4x.

I don't see anything in your demo video or deliverables that dictates a price increase of 4x.

Which makes me assume that your buyer satisfaction rate did not go up, or stay the same.

Which means that unless the system is convinced buyers will still value your offering at 4x the price, you will experience a lull in sales.

The only way to possibly counter this would be to raise your price in smaller increaments AND at the same time demonstrate that the increased rate is due to an increase in performance/output.

Hello Frank, thanks for your reply.
I have one more question, in "3D product animation" category system recommends us to set minimum price up to 100$(see the attached file).
What do you think in this case me to do, decrease the price? and how much?

fivercapture.png

• Like 3

This is a catch 22.

Fiverr is "recommending" price increases, because it is able to see what sellers can't: buyers are willing to spend more and the global market is still valuing these services higher. (in certain verticals)

So from Fiverr's POV, money is being left on the table. 

So by "recommending" this price increase, it is essentially saying that anything below this new baseline won't be organically promoted as much, as "it no longer makes sense for me".

And here's the catch: all mediocre service providers, have no choice but to follow with the increase but then they are faced with the cold hard truth that their product was great for $25, but not so much at the $100 price tag.

What's left for you to do?

Change how your product is perceived by working on your overall presentation as a provider and your output as an animator.

It's your sink or swim moment, so you better start swimming.

P.S. This may also be a false alarm, as the system is just adjusting to how buyers behave now that you changed your price. There's a small possibility that a few sales will still come through and your ranking will go up, but do you want to spend this transition by simply waiting, or do you want to upgrade your service a little bit to target bigger spenders?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frank_d said:

This is a catch 22.

Fiverr is "recommending" price increases, because it is able to see what sellers can't: buyers are willing to spend more and the global market is still valuing these services higher. (in certain verticals)

So from Fiverr's POV, money is being left on the table. 

So by "recommending" this price increase, it is essentially saying that anything below this new baseline won't be organically promoted as much, as "it no longer makes sense for me".

And here's the catch: all mediocre service providers, have no choice but to follow with the increase but then they are faced with the cold hard truth that their product was great for $25, but not so much at the $100 price tag.

What's left for you to do?

Change how your product is perceived by working on your overall presentation as a provider and your output as an animator.

It's your sink or swim moment, so you better start swimming.

P.S. This may also be a false alarm, as the system is just adjusting to how buyers behave now that you changed your price. There's a small possibility that a few sales will still come through and your ranking will go up, but do you want to spend this transition by simply waiting, or do you want to upgrade your service a little bit to target bigger spenders?

I'm trying to improve my performance and artistic skills by all means, that's the path I've chosen and won't give up. 
In overall, I made decision to decrease gig price. Lets see what happens. 

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate that 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1