Oh Fiverr, what have you done?

I've not used Fiverr for awhile and found the new UI so confusing.  

I wanted to lodge a gig but instead was presented with unrelated suggestions on pre-determined services.  

The gig detail disappeared so I started doing it again.  But after about 20 minutes my original gig post popped up.  

So, I'm totally confused as to how to operate your site now.  I just want write up gigs and place them for bids.  

I also do NOT like the requirement for having to place a price on everything.  If you don't know how much something costs how can you make a request????

13 minutes ago, mudmaps said:

I also do NOT like the requirement for having to place a price on everything.  If you don't know how much something costs how can you make a request????

I mean, you could just put your budget in the pricing section and mention it somewhere in the brief. I'm simply not going to respond to a brief where the budget is "flexible" (on Brief and Match, sometimes accompanied with a surprise actual lowballer budget in the brief). It's OK not to know how much something costs, but I would be surprised if you didn't have a good idea of your maximum budget for a project, even if that budget turns out to be crazy low or high. And there's always the option of researching how much people charge for X service on and off Fiverr, which isn't a bad idea as it will also give you a better idea of the service you're buying and what to look out for in terms of good/bad things. You do want to protect yourself from being ripped off by a shady seller by not being completely clueless, right? 

• Like 2