Utilize the "Contacts" Tab under "More"

andrewwood924

It might sound like a common sensical tip, however, until I was informed of the tab by a Fiverr expert, I didn't even know it existed!

Simply put, your contacts tab is a compilation of your existing/previous clients. You can filter them by "amount spent", "date purchased", "orders purchased", and more... Why is this valuable?! Well, it provides you with easy access to the list of past clients you may have forgotten about and reminds you of those that were once top buyers of yours. By utilizing this list, you can reach out to them with promotions and offers, ultimately increasing total sales and reigniting relationships that may have died off in the past.

In short, it's a great way to not only remain in good standing with your clients, present and past, but it's also a convenient way to boost sales! 

Give it a try... Hope that helped!

• Like 24
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, andrewwood924 said:

It might sound like a common sensical tip, however, until I was informed of the tab by a Fiverr expert, I didn't even know it existed!

Simply put, your contacts tab is a compilation of your existing/previous clients. You can filter them by "amount spent", "date purchased", "orders purchased", and more... Why is this valuable?! Well, it provides you with easy access to the list of past clients you may have forgotten about and reminds you of those that were once top buyers of yours. By utilizing this list, you can reach out to them with promotions and offers, ultimately increasing total sales and reigniting relationships that may have died off in the past.

In short, it's a great way to not only remain in good standing with your clients, present and past, but it's also a convenient way to boost sales! 

It would be a good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that they might consider this spam and report you, given that this is a violation of the TOS on Fiverr. 

The following is from the TOS: 

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

Soliciting sales by contacting past buyers is "contacting them with offers" that is "not directly related to their gigs or orders". 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 21
  • Congrats! 3

5 hours ago, andrewwood924 said:

By utilizing this list, you can reach out to them with promotions and offers

And get your account suspended for spamming people.  The person who told you this is hardly a Fiverr "expert."

• Like 17
  • Up 2

Interesting! I never knew about this tab before!

Although I would never use this to contact my buyers, I just checked out this tab and it gave me valuable insight into me and my business!

• I can see the total number of buyers and sellers that I have. I have 100 buyers and 8 sellers that I deal with.
  • I can see who orders/spends the most with me. I found out I'm spending the most time on the buyers who are demanding and not giving me much business.
  • I can see where most of my repeat business is. I need to focus on my Research & Summaries and Proofreading gigs more. I thought they were both dead gigs. 
  • I got insight into my buying habits. I bought over 77 gigs in the past six months. My biggest spend is on business coaching! 😂 I didn't realize this.

Is anyone using the contacts tab? @newsmike @smashradio @mariashtelle1@williambryan392@vickiespencer@miiila@theratypist@donnovan86

This is a new one for me!

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Utilized, no. Look into, yes. Actually, I just chanced upon it when I felt like the the navigation menu got awfully long so I just tinkered around. 🤣

I definitely felt the same way as you, it was cool to see how many buyers and sellers I've dealt with. 😊

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 2

51 minutes ago, vickieito said:

My biggest spend is on business coaching!

And you’ve never purchased my gigs. Now I’m offended 😭🤣

Seen it, it’s interesting but I don’t spend time on it. Perhaps I should.

Whilst you can’t spam, it could be a great way of directing coupons. I’m never sure who to send them to.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 13
  • Congrats! 2

It's not considered spam to send Seller Plus coupons to these people even if they haven't contacted you recently, is it? That may be a possibility. It's interesting that they have a message button right on that list since we're not allowed to randomly contact them.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 13

16 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

And you’ve never purchased my gigs. Now I’m offended 😭🤣

Lol.😂 Thanks for taking the bait! One of the reasons why I came to the forum is because I lost my business coach two months ago. She is too busy with her other ventures to do coaching. What made her unique was that she offered coaching through the order chats (90 minute typing sessions) which isn't something most business coaches offer. So I haven't found someone who can do that for me. I live in a small apartment in Tokyo and have to share my living space with the rest of the family, so video sessions don't work well for me. I wanted to ask you if you are open to that type of coaching but didn't want to inbox you without it actually turning into an order. So please let me know if this is an arrangement you can work with! 😉

47 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I definitely felt the same way as you, it was cool to see how many buyers and sellers I've dealt with. 😊

25 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Whilst you can’t spam, it could be a great way of directing coupons. I’m never sure who to send them to.

9 minutes ago, melanielm said:

It's not considered spam to send Seller Plus coupons to these people even if they haven't contacted you recently, is it? That may be a possibility.

I should definitely take advantage of all the features that are available through the dashboard! This contacts tab is definitely a fun one. I haven't used promoted gigs yet. I have several orders from the coupons but I don't like how I can't see the discounted prices on the order page (I can only see that there's a coupon attached).

I'm still going through the Seller Plus perks and analytics to see how they can help me. That's how I found out the CreativeLive one isn't really a big perk of Seller Plus!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Is anyone using the contacts tab?

Yes, I have two use cases. One is that I sometimes need to find a specific order/file/something that was said, from a buyer who has placed many orders, and if you search the buyer name, you get a neat list with all their orders, that can be faster than looking through chat/order pages.

The other is that when you had paused a Gig, or generally have one on pause, and want/need to unpause it, because you want to send a specific customer a custom offer for that Gig, and you unpause the Gig, it can take a while until you can do that from the inbox, but I discovered that you can do it immediately through the "Send Offer" button in the contact list, so that saves time, too.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Is anyone using the contacts tab?

It's a tool that I check from time to time, sure. I don't really find any use for it aside from offering some great insight into how much people spend on my services.

50 minutes ago, melanielm said:

It's not considered spam to send Seller Plus coupons to these people even if they haven't contacted you recently, is it? That may be a possibility. It's interesting that they have a message button right on that list since we're not allowed to randomly contact them.

No, I don't think it's Spam. Although that list only shows recent orders so I don't think you can send coupons to older buyers..

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 2

22 hours ago, andrewwood924 said:

Thank you @andrewwood924!  I'm loving this contacts tab!

2 hours ago, miiila said:

Yes, I have two use cases. One is that I sometimes need to find a specific order/file/something that was said, from a buyer who has placed many orders, and if you search the buyer name, you get a neat list with all their orders, that can be faster than looking through chat/order pages.

The other is that when you had paused a Gig, or generally have one on pause, and want/need to unpause it, because you want to send a specific customer a custom offer for that Gig, and you unpause the Gig, it can take a while until you can do that from the inbox, but I discovered that you can do it immediately through the "Send Offer" button in the contact list, so that saves time, too.

Yay! Thanks @miiila! Great tips. 😊 I'm going to give them a try!

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't really find any use for it aside from offering some great insight into how much people spend on my services.

I like this too, @donnovan86! I'm learning a lot about how much my buyers are spending and which customers I should be spending the most time with. I also found out fun things about myself as a buyer too. 😊

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 2

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

Although I would never use this to contact my buyers, I just checked out this tab and it gave me valuable insight into me and my business!

• I can see the total number of buyers and sellers that I have. I have 100 buyers and 8 sellers that I deal with.
  • I can see who orders/spends the most with me. I found out I'm spending the most time on the buyers who are demanding and not giving me much business.
  • I can see where most of my repeat business is. I need to focus on my Research & Summaries and Proofreading gigs more. I thought they were both dead gigs. 
  • I got insight into my buying habits. I bought over 77 gigs in the past six months. My biggest spend is on business coaching! 😂 I didn't realize this.

Is anyone using the contacts tab? @newsmike @smashradio @mariashtelle1@williambryan392@vickiespencer@miiila@theratypist@donnovan86

This is a new one for me!

I've checked it out. But like I said, not for the purpose of spamming previous clients. 

It does have some interesting insights, though, and I can see how that can be valuable. Nothing beats good data! 

6 hours ago, melanielm said:

Good point. But isn't the coupons limited to buyers you've dealth with in the past couple of months or so? 

• Like 11