Client Requested Refund After Delivering A Month Ago

heavenisastate

Question

Greetings, I am Heaven. I create NFT art for living. 

A month ago I had a client who requested me to create 10k NFT images with metadata. My full price is $1000 for this package. The price was to much for them so I asked for $600 and 10 NFTs after the mint. We made the deal and I created the files, made the delivery. I asked them to check and they told me they were going to so I waited. The order was marked as complete and they never messaged me so I asked again. They again told me that they were checking it. Then they never came back. A month later, today, they reached out to me and told me that there was an issue with my metadata and they told me to give them $250 or fix the problem. I have been creating collections for clients and never faced an issue as such. And since I am not a programmer, I use a ready to go program as the generator. I tried to help them as much as I can. I have sent them layer files but they asked me to refund them $250 so they could hire a person to create metadata. Though, since it has been a month I cashed it out from the Fiverr so I am not able to pay them. In normal settings, I ask for extra $10 when it comes to metadata, you can check it on my gigs. I contacted fiverr support but nobody answered yet. However the time is limited since they have to make it ready to mint in 10 hours or so. As an artist, I feel extremely pressured and don't know what to do. Can please someone help me?

Sincerely, Digital Artist Heaven.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

I am absolutely not familiar with this field - but as an outsider in this story..... Is there a method to check yourself if the (metadata) is working? Or perhaps someone you can consult familiar with verifying if the buyer's statement is true about the metadata having an issue. Again I absolutely do not know the deep technicalities of NFT, so I might be asking the wrong questions or using the wrong terms.

Also, (just curious) -- did you check the buyer's profile? How are the reviews from previous sellers (if there is any)? 

The order can still be cancelled by the buyer if they contact Customer Support. There is a need for trust and good communication for them to pay you the $350. Set up a custom offer for them to pay you for that once or before they get refunded. Note, I said once or before -- as that is something you have to agree on. But hopefully it doesn't have to come to that though...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

• Like 2