14 days holding period

akshatjain5

Question

Hello , 

hope you all are doing good in life 🤗

I just want to ask when we deliver a order and it gets accepted ( accepted automatically if buyer takes no action , or buyer accepts the delivery ) , then the amount gets cleared in 14 days !

During these 14 days can buyer come back again and cancel the payment stating the delivery has issues or something ? 

Or I can rest assured that once the delivery is accepted ( automatically by fiverr or via buyer ) then I'll definitely receive my amount ?

• Like 4

7 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, akshatjain5 said:

During these 14 days can buyer come back again and cancel the payment stating the delivery has issues or something ? 

Yes, but only through Customer Support. As long as you delivered as described, communicated well with the buyer there is nothing to worry about. There may be occasional problematic buyer or those who will do a chargeback, but that isn't too often.

56 minutes ago, akshatjain5 said:

Or I can rest assured that once the delivery is accepted ( automatically by fiverr or via buyer ) then I'll definitely receive my amount ?

There are no guarantees but is likely after the 14 days have passed, that the buyer has no issues and you will then receive your amount.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

You mentioned you in other topic that you delivered order without making revisions that client asked for. 
In this case your order might be cancelled at any point in time, even after 14 days 

No you got me wrong ! 

I've delivered him what was initial order! 

But then he asked for new things which are not part of deal neither he is charged for it ! 

So now that revisions depends on me whether I want to do it or not as they are not part of deal !

I'm a software developer and you can't ask for new features afterwards !

As I've not charged you for them , but as courtesy i sometime deliver them new changes depending upon new features requested are small or not ! 

In last case he asked for major changes !!

So i can deny revisions

• Like 3

After the 3 days have passed, if the buyer has not asked for revisions and the sale defaults to "completed", it would be very, very unusual for you to not be paid.

In my thousands of orders on fiverr, that has not happened. 

It is possible, but the buyer would have to contact fiverr support with evidence that you did not complete the promised work. As long as you completed the work properly, you should be paid. That said, sometimes fiverr might side with the buyer, even if you did the work - so it's more like 99% guaranteed that you would be paid after the 3 day window clears, rather than 100%.

Also, it is technically possible for buyers to request a chargeback via their bank, which would mean they get their money back, but as this is against Fiverr TOS the buyer would then be permanently banned from the platform.

TL;DR - it's very unlikely for you to not be paid once the 3 day window clears as long as you've done your job. The 14 day hold period isn't a time for buyers to get extra time to check they're happy with he order - that's not the purpose of it. They only get the 3 days. The reason is probably just to make it easier for fiverr financially since it gives them a large pool of money to use to pay for expenses, advertising, etc, same way that financial institutions borrow your money from savings/investments to reinvest themselves in order to make a profit

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

It is possible, but the buyer would have to contact fiverr support with evidence that you did not complete the promised work.

So I had the same issue, a buyer ended up canceling an order via customer support 6 months after I delivered. They never left a review, but I checked their profile page and they already worked with others in the meantime. They also used my content. However, after 6 months all of a sudden they go to customer support stating they dislike my content so much that they want a refund. Fiverr offered them a refund, all happened behind my back so I just see Fiverr cancelling an old order out of nowhere. 

I contact them and guess what, they said they can't say no if the person wants it canceled. I showed they never contacted me after the order was completed automatically. They reimbursed me the amount. However, this story shows taht any order can be canceled even months after delivery. Customer support can't force a buyer to accept any order. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, theratypist said:

At least they reimbursed you! But wow, crazy how some incidents like that could happen.

Yes, I think I created a topic when that happened, so other people would know. But as I said, some buyers are difficult to work with, or some just downright scam you. It happens, usually the more clients you have, the higher the likelihood of encountering such a "beautiful" specimen! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1