I think Fiverr has decided not to support me...

harithdeshan

Hi folks!

I'm a tiny freelancer, I've been working on Fiverr since 2018. I've got so many friends who started after me. I helped them however I can. It is always my pleasure to introduce freelancing for dummies 😁

But, I have to be honest now. Some people like brothers, sisters-in-law and friends are having so many features from Fiverr. Each of those has something I never had... I feel jealous now. Also, kind of sad. I play by the rules, I provide genuine services. I cannot see unique things when I compare my other guys with myself. Fiverr is taking care of those people I mentioned.

Unfortunately, they are not happy with my 99% customer satisfaction rates or top-notch services.

Where did I go wrong, darn it!

Edited by harithdeshan
added tags
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm really sad to read this. May I ask which services and features are not available to you but have been offered to your friends and family?

It must be demotivating. I'm so sorry.

But take pleasure and pride in knowing that you take care of your clients the best you can. Try not to compare with friends and family if it makes you feel bad. These things do happen here but in time, if you remain dedicated to delivering high-end products and a good and consistent experience for your buyers, better things will come.

Also, note that some features come and go, sometimes without us noticing; it could be that you have not been looking at your profile to see the features being applied and then taken away. For example, the cash advance comes and goes, as do the 'this seller has a high number of repeat buyer' messages. These fluctuate frequently depending on your current client satisfaction but I'm sure they will appear at some stage!

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking something similar this week. Besides my current clients who still place orders, I have had ZERO new clients for several months now. I realize that writing is a competitive field and I am going to edit my gigs, but Fiverr has made 5-Figures of income from me since I joined in 2014 and has offered zero help or a boost. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meldawn9 said:

Fiverr has made 5-Figures of income from me since I joined in 2014 and has offered zero help or a boost. 

So I would assume that you have at the same time made 6-figure income from Fiverr? Are you in seller plus, are you in promoted gigs? What sort of a boost are you looking for? Would this "boost" be available to everyone? 

When you joined Fiverr you agreed to a contract that listed what they provide, and what you get. Why would this change because you are getting beaten out by other sellers lately, who, by the way, have the very same agreement with Fiverr?  Does your landlord stop by with a bag of groceries occasionally, or do they provide what is in the lease you both agreed to? 

This is business.  It is up to you to improve your game, not your landlord, which is what Fiverr really is. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, newsmike said:

So I would assume that you have at the same time made 6-figure income from Fiverr? Are you in seller plus, are you in promoted gigs? What sort of a boost are you looking for? Would this "boost" be available to everyone? 

When you joined Fiverr you agreed to a contract that listed what they provide, and what you get. Why would this change because you are getting beaten out by other sellers lately, who, by the way, have the very same agreement with Fiverr?  Does your landlord stop by with a bag of groceries occasionally, or do they provide what is in the lease you both agreed to? 

This is business.  It is up to you to improve your game, not your landlord, which is what Fiverr really is. 

Yes, good point, Fiverr is my landlord. Well, the good news is that I made my 6 figures outside of Fiverr too. It's just sad that I've been transitioning out of this website and onto better things. I would have loved to have stayed here and made Fiverr even more money, but they don't need me.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, meldawn9 said:

Yes, good point, Fiverr is my landlord. Well, the good news is that I made my 6 figures outside of Fiverr too. It's just sad that I've been transitioning out of this website and onto better things. I would have loved to have stayed here and made Fiverr even more money, but they don't need me.

Sorry you have decided to view it that way. Good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you be more specific? Are you jealous because the people you helped are doing better than you? 

On 6/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, harithdeshan said:

I provide genuine services. I cannot see unique things when I compare my other guys with myself.

Maybe their English is better? Better portfolio samples? Better customer service? Better gig titles? Better luck? 

Could be anything and everything. 

I've been on Fiverr since 2013. I'm still figuring things out. Years ago, I had a success manager, and he gave me no useful advice. Not even what keywords to use. Here you have to be your own success manager. Good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, anniejenkinson said:

I'm really sad to read this. May I ask which services and features are not available to you but have been offered to your friends and family?

It must be demotivating. I'm so sorry.

But take pleasure and pride in knowing that you take care of your clients the best you can. Try not to compare with friends and family if it makes you feel bad. These things do happen here but in time, if you remain dedicated to delivering high-end products and a good and consistent experience for your buyers, better things will come.

Also, note that some features come and go, sometimes without us noticing; it could be that you have not been looking at your profile to see the features being applied and then taken away. For example, the cash advance comes and goes, as do the 'this seller has a high number of repeat buyer' messages. These fluctuate frequently depending on your current client satisfaction but I'm sure they will appear at some stage!

This helped me, thanks for the kind words. 

About the features: One had Fiverr's Choice for a gig the same as mine. Another one has a Cash Advance feature. Another one has the Portfolio feature. That portfolio thing is so cool 😥 

I'm naturally optimistic, this kinda drama to get answers, 😅 But it hurt me a bit as well. I'd like to evaluate myself and adjust accordingly. I am so focused to be a better version of myself, on a daily basis.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:15 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Can you be more specific? Are you jealous because the people you helped are doing better than you? 

Maybe their English is better? Better portfolio samples? Better customer service? Better gig titles? Better luck? 

Could be anything and everything. 

I've been on Fiverr since 2013. I'm still figuring things out. Years ago, I had a success manager, and he gave me no useful advice. Not even what keywords to use. Here you have to be your own success manager. Good luck. 

Nope, jealousy is not promoted by my text or my mind, I'm a Buddhist person. I'm not sure about my English though, it's weird; maybe you got a different angle of it.

Generally, I kinda know them like the back of my hand. They are pretty normal, not  super pros or too bad. 

You're doing it since 2013?????? Who am I kidding, right? 😅 🙏 I'll try harder I guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, harithdeshan said:

Nope, jealousy is not promoted by my text or my mind, I'm a Buddhist person. I'm not sure about my English though, it's weird; maybe you got a different angle of it.
Generally, I kinda know them like the back of my hand. They are pretty normal, not  super pros or too bad. 

You're doing it since 2013?????? Who am I kidding, right? 😅 🙏 I'll try harder I guess.

Don’t give up, keep experimenting, try new things, simplify if you can.

For example, I write Facebook ads, but I don’t manage the accounts. Others manage and write the ads. It’s up to you what you do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

Don’t give up, keep experimenting, try new things, simplify if you can.

For example, I write Facebook ads, but I don’t manage the accounts. Others manage and write the ads. It’s up to you what you do.

Thank you, friend. You're one of the good ones 😊🙏

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 6/12/2022 at 9:34 AM, harithdeshan said:

Where did I go wrong, darn it!

Most businesses test new features on two set of users --

1. The most loyal ones who won't leave regardless of how bad the features are
  2. The newest ones who do not matter much as of yet

If the features pass the initial tests and become available to everyone, you'll likely get them too. If they're handpicking sellers, that's up to them. If it's for new users only, e.g., the rising talent badge, we obviously won't get those.

In short, it mostly has nothing to do with you or your services.

Keep up the great work. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wordsfire said:

Most businesses test new features on two set of users --

1. The most loyal ones who won't leave regardless of how bad the features are
  2. The newest ones who do not matter much as of yet

If the features pass the initial tests and become available to everyone, you'll likely get them too. If they're handpicking sellers, that's up to them. If it's for new users only, e.g., the rising talent badge, we obviously won't get those.

In short, it mostly has nothing to do with you or your services.

Keep up the great work. 

Yeah... Understandable. Thanks buddy! 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1