Jump to content

Question

Hello , hope you all are doing good !

I've a doubt suppose I make a delivery on Date 01/01/2022 , the buyer has not either accepted or rejected it , so according to Fivers norms it will be auto-accepted on 04/01/2022 if buyer takes no action (3 days from date of delivery) but , if I make a delivery again on 02/01/2022 then that 3 days will be counted again from 02/01/2022 (ending at 05/01/2022)or  it will be same 04/01/2022 .

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi there,

If you deliver a second time, the 3 day timer resets and you have to wait an additional 3 days from the time of the second delivery. If you just send them a message with a file attached, rather than a new delivery, this does not reset the timer.

  • Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think this must have changed recently since there is still--and always has been--a message against the green delivery button that says 'Want to deliver again? The buyer's 3-day period will not be reset' (or words to that effect, not exactly these).

And that was always the case on all my jobs till last week! I made a redelivery on a job and lo and behold, for the first time ever, the three-day period reset. I was quite pleased though as I always felt that if I redelivered, the buyer should get three days. So I am not troubled by it--rather the opposite.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think it might depend on the service being provided - I do agree that it makes sense though to extend it! I guess the best answer is to check - the deliver again button should have a note next to it that will tell you if the timer will reset or not. 🙂

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 hours ago, joyh97 said:

Hi there,

If you deliver a second time, the 3 day timer resets and you have to wait an additional 3 days from the time of the second delivery. If you just send them a message with a file attached, rather than a new delivery, this does not reset the timer.

Okay but can the buyer claim that the 1st delivery has issues that are still not resolved if I re-deliver it via message ? 
because in my case the buyer came up with major changes when I was about to deliver him , and making changes at that stage was not possible for me hence I delivered him the project (which was actually part of deal and for which I was paid ) and now have to make changes which he requested complimentary but sometimes buyer consider that they can change their needs anytime till the order is not complete and marks it under revision

Edited by akshatjain5
Better understanding
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, joyh97 said:

I think it might depend on the service being provided - I do agree that it makes sense though to extend it! I guess the best answer is to check - the deliver again button should have a note next to it that will tell you if the timer will reset or not. 🙂

But I don't understand the concept if the buyer has not re-viewed the old delivery what's the point of extending time for new one ? I mean fiverr already holds amount for 14 days even after order getting accepted in those days buyer can claim amount back in case of invalid delivery .

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

I think this must have changed recently since there is still--and always has been--a message against the green delivery button that says 'Want to deliver again? The buyer's 3-day period will not be reset' (or words to that effect, not exactly these).

And that was always the case on all my jobs till last week! I made a redelivery on a job and lo and behold, for the first time ever, the three-day period reset. I was quite pleased though as I always felt that if I redelivered, the buyer should get three days. So I am not troubled by it--rather the opposite.

Were the delivery made previously ( where timer was not reset ) and delivery where timer got reset came under same category of products ? 
I mean both were design / software or something else ?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The time can be extended because the whole point is to give buyers the time to check the delivery is ok. The 14 day hold period isn't relevant to the buyer.

The buyer needs to submit a revision request anyway if they want changes, which will mean your order won't be considered complete anymore so the three day timer would be void because the order will go back to being open.

If the changes are outside the scope of the original work you can say no, or you can send them an offer to pay for "extras" to cover the original work. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...