Teenage pro sellers?

kenzahmed

Question

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, kenzahmed said:

😂 Just realized, but do you think there are pro gigs made by teenagers cause that would be interesting as my friend's brother is very talented but he is only 14 and he was looking to apply.

To be a Pro seller you have to have actual experience, not just talent. You need to have demonstrated consistent quality and professionalism, doesn't have to be on fiverr, can be elsewhere in your career, but I would assume a 14 year old doesn't have enough experience/history to demonstrate this even if they're talented. I would guess it's more likely for a 17 year old who has been working professionally for many years. So yeah not an age limit as much, but a "proven track record" limit.

Edited by joyh97
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I read the terms of service and it says 13 year olds can use fiverr!

So do you think teenage sellers are allowed to sell on fiverr?

---

Didn't you just answer your own question? 😂 yes, teenagers can sell on fiverr. For pro or top rated, not sure, since that's up to fiverr staff discretion and they don't make it 100% clear what all of their criteria are. I would assume they could possibly get that though, if they're already allowed to sell on here.

Edited by joyh97
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

I read the terms of service and it says 13 year olds can use fiverr!

So do you think teenage sellers are allowed to sell on fiverr?

---

Didn't you just answer your own question? 😂

😂 Just realized, but do you think there are pro gigs made by teenagers cause that would be interesting as my friend's brother is very talented but he is only 14 and he was looking to apply.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, clarac155 said:

You do not need to have experience to freelance no where on fiverr does it say that , what it does say is that you need to be professional and capable . Once a fourteen year old has samples or any other proof of work it’s peoples decision if they want to hire them you also don’t have to state your age to clients so they are basically treated the same as adults on the app . Which is fair 

Pro Seller is different from regular seller: https://blog.fiverr.com/post/how-to-become-a-fiverr-pro

• Like 3

On 6/12/2022 at 2:30 PM, joyh97 said:

To be a Pro seller you have to have actual experience, not just talent. You need to have demonstrated consistent quality and professionalism, doesn't have to be on fiverr, can be elsewhere in your career, but I would assume a 14 year old doesn't have enough experience/history to demonstrate this even if they're talented. I would guess it's more likely for a 17 year old who has been working professionally for many years. So yeah not an age limit as much, but a "proven track record" limit.

You do not need to have experience to freelance no where on fiverr does it say that , what it does say is that you need to be professional and capable . Once a fourteen year old has samples or any other proof of work it’s peoples decision if they want to hire them you also don’t have to state your age to clients so they are basically treated the same as adults on the app . Which is fair 

• Like 2