Can I use What's Up for communication/video calls?

lavrinenkovadym

Question

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, lavrinenkovadym said:

What's up

giphy.gif

Do you mean Whatsapp? Anyway, if you've read the Terms of Service it already tells you not to communicate outside of Fiverr. So the obvious answer here if you don't want to get banned is to only communicate within Fiverr. Tell them that's not allowed.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, lavrinenkovadym said:

Hello.
Lately, several clients with ratings ask me to communicate/make a call on What's up. Can I do it and place an order on Fiverr? 
Or what can I do instead and not to be banned

No. You can't. If they ask you to communicate on WhatsApp, it's most likely a scam. Even if its not, you're not allowed to do that on Fiverr, and you risk getting banned for it. 

If a buyer asks you to contact them outside of the platform, you should politely but firmly state that this is in violation of the terms they agreed to when signing up for Fiverr. 

The only way you can share contact information is inside an order, and only if/when it's aboslutely necessary to complete a service, like sharing logins if you're working on a website and so on. This information can not be shared in the regular chat/inbox: only inside an order.

• Like 2

My previous post that went into more detail got sent for moderation. So I'm just responding again so you don't have to wait for a response too long. 

You can not do that. It's most likely a scam. And even if its not, you're not allowed to do it and you risk your account if you share that type of info. 

Contact info and other personal information can only be shared inside an order, and only when it's absolutely necessary to complete the service you're offering. 

Inform the buyer that its against the terms of service. If they persist, I'd report them. Never work with someone who is willing to break the rules, but keep in mind that they may not know about this rule, so give them a chance to solve this in chat first 🙂 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7

On 6/12/2022 at 5:20 AM, lavrinenkovadym said:

Lately, several clients with ratings ask me to communicate/make a call on What's up.

"By setting up a video call, buyers and sellers can speak directly with each other. This is a great way to align expectations. Currently, only sellers can initiate Zoom video calls." 

This is only allowed as described here: Fiverr Help and Education Center (Video Calls) 

• Like 6

I'll suggest not to do that. if the seller profile is eligible for zoom call, you can see the option in the chat, then you can do that. Otherwise all the communication should be go through fiverr chat. But You can share your some details like email ID etc if it necessary to complete the order.

• Like 6