How to build credibility on Fiverr, even if you're a new seller with zero reviews

On 6/11/2022 at 1:51 PM, donnovan86 said:

Congrats @smashradio, this is the type of content people need to see. We should talk with Frank or a mod so they can pin this for newbies. 

Thanks man! Haven't seen Frank for a couple of days, and a couple of posts of mine have been in the abyss for two days - haha. If you see him, feel free to mention it 😄 

• Like 41

@smashradioGreat article I have ever seen on forum. It'll be very much impactful for new sellers. Should be pinned on the forum top.

On 6/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, smashradio said:

Offer free consultations if it makes sense in your niche. 

If I offer a free consultations for a "previous" or "new" buyer it legally ok for my reputation? It's allowing the Fiverr TOSs?

• Like 36

23 hours ago, starseorank said:

@smashradioGreat article I have ever seen on forum. It'll be very much impactful for new sellers. Should be pinned on the forum top.

If I offer a free consultations for a "previous" or "new" buyer it legally ok for my reputation? It's allowing the Fiverr TOSs?

You still have to follow the rules on the platform when offering free consulations. That means you can't share contact info or be in contact outside of Fiverr. The "consulation" would have to be done in the chat on Fiverr for that reason. 

One of the services I offer is SEO content. Sometimes, the buyer will want to know things like how many words they should order, based on their existing content and website, competition and so on. So I can help them by taking a look at their website, content and competitors, to give them an idea of what I think will be effective to achieve their goals. 

I'll look closer at what they already have, their competitors, keywords and goals. Then I'll provide my recommendations and explain what I can do for them to achieve those goals. 

All of that is done in chat. It's free, yes, but the end goal is to help the buyer decide on what they should order from me. So it's basically a part of my "sell", and not totally free, since my consultation is basically a sales pitch designed to help the buyer know what would work for them. My interest is always client satisfaction, so my recommendations are always real and I never try to oversell my services. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Love it! They are indeed great tips. If you know you are good at what you do, a little bit of patience and resilience will help you get there.

One thing I would add is have a good grip over English. Many a times clients are apprehensive of buyers who are not very fluid in communication.

• Like 33

• 1 month later...